Salmon!

x0beka0x

Veteran
Local time
12:00 AM
So before I met my girlfriend I had never really had any salmon. The first time she made me some it was mouth watering! With the right seasoning's, and the skin to the perfect crisp, it is just delicious! We have salmon with rice and brussel sprouts with a slice of bread and butter atleast six times a month. I don't know if that is to much fish to eat but personally I don't care, I would eat it every couple days if I could! Are there any other good Fish or ways to prepare salmon that people have enjoyed?

There are a million ways to prepare salmon... and pretty much every way ends up being delicious. I have to say it's one of the only fish that I love to eat and I'd certainly have more of it if only it wasn't that expensive.

It is very expensive, My girlfriend lives in Canada and we go to the store sometimes and there is good size for about $4. What is your favorite way to prepare it?

It is very expensive, My girlfriend lives in Canada and we go to the store sometimes and there is good size for about $4. What is your favorite way to prepare it?

How much weight for that?

Here in France it's 10€ / kg (cheap price today :laugh:

that's 14 Canadian dollars - still expensive?

I must be the only one on here that dislikes Salmon, I find it so tastless and that's with seasoning added. If its smoked l'll eat it but that's the only way for me to eat salmon.

How much weight for that?

Here in France it's 10€ / kg (cheap price today :laugh:
That is actually quite a good price for fresh salmon. (for France) I'll have to take a look when I go to the grocery store later today however I always thought it was a bit more.

Ok back from the store. Salmon filet goes for 17e/kg in here... in a large grocery store. Pretty much what I was expecting, so 10e/kg is definitely a good price.

I love salmon, along with mackerel it is my favorite of the fishes. I usually have salmon steaks fried but my absolute favoritest is smoked salmon. :hungry:

I love salmon and I make it every time I have the money to buy some salmon. I don't get to have it as much as I would like.

I started eating salmon when I was child and my mother used to buy it canned along with tuna.

As the time went by, I started buying salmon (still canned) for a fresh snack or quick sandwich.

But I only discovered that I could buy it fresh and get it cooked in many ways when I started collected cooking books and found on about Canadian cuisine.

I still like to eat canned salmon from time to time, but now I know that I can enjoy it in many other different ways :)

I love salmon as well. I find it to have a great flavor to it. Although, I will admit that for the most part I have only had salmon from the can. Which I am sure isn't as good as fresh Salmon. But these days I can't even afford the can version, it woudl seem that Salmon in any version is still expensive to purchase when you are on a budget.

Yeah salmon is expensive no matter what kind you get. I wish that food was a lot cheaper, but everyone has to make a buck these days. I try to get me some salmon whenever I can afford it, which isn't very often.

Wow I don't think I've ever seen salmon in a can. It's not surprise that it exists but I've never thought about it, I always buy mine fresh. The canned one might be handy though to keep a couple around for when I don't have time to cook properly.

Back
Top Bottom