Scone Blasphemy

I have tried it. I made my own to an American recipe a couple of years ago, I wasn't impressed with my effort. Some day I will get on an aeroplane and go and sample some proper ones.
When I follow UK recipes for scones...they rarely turn out very well. American recipes, they usually do. I assume it's just differences in the ingredients. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well I find this thread a little strange, I have been to both Devon and Cornwall and have been served with a Cream Tea about 100 times over the years, Why strange I hear you ask, I have always had the scones, jam, butter, cream, all separately and are left to build it yourself, and I and Mrs Sticky have done it both ways in both county's and nobody took any notice.

I have tried it. I made my own to an American recipe a couple of years ago, I wasn't impressed with my effort. Some day I will get on an aeroplane and go and sample some proper ones.

To be honest, it is not my favorite food. Very heavy! Also, the sausage gravy has to be outstanding, and few cooks can make outstanding sausage gravy.

CD

Well I find this thread a little strange, I have been to both Devon and Cornwall and have been served with a Cream Tea about 100 times over the years, Why strange I hear you ask, I have always had the scones, jam, butter, cream, all separately and are left to build it yourself, and I and Mrs Sticky have done it both ways in both county's and nobody took any notice.
Perfect.

Careful, you're endangering a long-standing "war!" :wink:

Then I'll stir all three accoutrements together and solve the issue once and for all! Hail, Sconeland! :laugh:

PS - I considered making a "Yeah, but I can eat a scone naked...just ask my wife," joke, but I reconsidered, thankfully.

I just posted that to beat you to it. :D

CD

Maybe I'll not break my scone open, and I'll butter the bottom, cream the sides, and jam the top.

I'm going to revolutionize scone consumption!

Back
Top Bottom