15) Parmesan-Romano grated cheese - 1/8 cup
16) Seafood items:
--- Squid - 3 or 4
--- Clams, baby without shells - 1/8 cup
--- Clams in the shell - 3 or 4
--- Black mussels without shells - 1/8 cup
--- Black mussels in the shell - 3 or 4
--- Prawns - 2 or 3 with shells not removed - 2

NOTE: Additional seafood items that can be added are scallops, crab legs and claws, white fish meat, cockles in the shell and conch fritters.

Procedure:

1) Pre-cook the rice while working on the rest of the recipe.
2) Dice the garlic and leek.
3) Combine cream cheese, half n half, butter, olive oil and spices.
4) Mix or blend.
5) Add garlic, leek, wine and grated cheese and stir in.
6) Cook to reduce the cream sauce to semi-thickness.
7) Cut off the head with tentacles from the squid.
8) Cross-cut the squid tubes into pieces.
9) In a pot, cook the seafood items, in lemon juice.

NOTE: If necessary, add water.

NOTE: Continue to simmer and reduce the fluids, so as to save the juices.

full.jpg

10) Add the creamy garlic wine sauce.
11) Simmer the mixture for another 5 to 10 minutes on low heat.
12) Spoon some rice onto a serving plate.
13) Cover the rice withe the seafood and creamy galic wine sauce.
14) Serve.

Last edited:
This is a real feast! Have you found that the seafood items cook at about the same rate? And, do you cook them all at the same time, in the same pot? My only concern is overcooking some things while undercooking others. I've never made squid before, but I'd guess it takes longer to cook than the prawns.

This is a real feast! Have you found that the seafood items cook at about the same rate? And, do you cook them all at the same time, in the same pot? My only concern is overcooking some things while undercooking others. I've never made squid before, but I'd guess it takes longer to cook than the prawns.

I cooked all ingredients in the same pot at the same time. They cooked very quickly, all of it.

There's only two ways to cook squid in terms of timing - very fast or very slow! A fraction too long if you're cooking it fast and it goes tough.

I would have thought that the prawns would require more cooking time, but keep in mind that all of these seafood ingredients combined, are first cooked in lemon juice and then later, simmered further in the sauce. So, you don't want to do a quick very hot cooking. It's done slow and at low to medium heat.

It looks very nice indeed, I am a sucker for seafood dishes. I saw your list of additional seafood items that could be added, and the only one I would disagree on is the conch fritters. Those are generally breaded and fried, so not sure how well that would work. I like them on their own with a dipping sauce. Also, did you cook those shrimp shell on? I could see where that would give added flavor but would be messy to eat. It's easier to eat mussels and clams out of the shell with a fork but the shrimp, not so much. Great job though!

It looks very nice indeed, I am a sucker for seafood dishes. I saw your list of additional seafood items that could be added, and the only one I would disagree on is the conch fritters. Those are generally breaded and fried, so not sure how well that would work. I like them on their own with a dipping sauce. Also, did you cook those shrimp shell on? I could see where that would give added flavor but would be messy to eat. It's easier to eat mussels and clams out of the shell with a fork but the shrimp, not so much. Great job though!

Yep, the shrimp were cooked shell on. That's half the fun of seafood dishes like cioppinos, marinaras and this one, getting finger sticky, even down to using nut crackers on shells.

Yep, the shrimp were cooked shell on. That's half the fun of seafood dishes like cioppinos, marinaras and this one, getting finger sticky, even down to using nut crackers on shells.
We ladies don't like to mess up our manicures! But I get it.

We ladies don't like to mess up our manicures! But I get it.

All this talk on seafood I called into my local, boxes of butterflied prawns $7.50 but I think the guy got it wrong,I read it at $17.50. So I bought two at $7.50 ea.
Took 10 out and fried. Man they were good. Dipped in thousand island dressing.
Panko crumbed.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom