Seafood Soups, Stews and chowders.

CraigC

Guru
Local time
4:28 AM
For all of us that like seafood, what are some of your favorite dishes from the title? We like:
Conch Chowder (White)
Crab Soup
Crab Gumbo
Lobster Bisque (with spiny lobster)
Bouillabaisse
Bayoubaisse
Clam Chowder
Cioppino
Fish Chowder
Just to name a few.

Some of the above I am unfamiliar with: Conch chowder (white), Cioppino and Bayoubaisse (though possibly the latter is my poor memory as I get a feeling its been mentioned here.

Cullen Skink is a UK fish soup which shouldn't be underestimated.

Some of the above I am unfamiliar with: Conch chowder (white), Cioppino and Bayoubaisse (though possibly the latter is my poor memory as I get a feeling its been mentioned here.

Cullen Skink is a UK fish soup which shouldn't be underestimated.

Conch Chowder is the same as clam chowder (New England Style), but using Queen conch, Cioppino is a soup made popular in San Francisco and Bayoubaisse is:

Recipe - Bayoubaisse

Lobster bisque
Seafood gumbo
Crab bisque
Fish chowder / red broth
Oyster stew

Duck Gumbo (wild ducks I've hunted). Gumbo can stand up to the gaminess of wild duck.
Seafood Gumbo
Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
Lobster Bisque
New England Clam Chowder

I've only had Conch chowder once, in Key West, of course. It was okay. I guess I had high expectations from all the hype.

CD

Duck Gumbo (wild ducks I've hunted). Gumbo can stand up to the gaminess of wild duck.
Seafood Gumbo
Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
Lobster Bisque
New England Clam Chowder

I've only had Conch chowder once, in Key West, of course. It was okay. I guess I had high expectations from all the hype.

CD

The conch was imported and Key West is a tourist trap. :wink:

The conch was imported and Key West is a tourist trap. :wink:

It is somewhat of a tourist trap, but also a great place to people-watch. There are some "uniques individuals" around town. Having chickens walking freely around town is also something you don't see everywhere. Talk about your free range chicken.

CD

Buzzara, poach the skampi in white wine thicken with bread crumbs, throw on a bit of parsley for color.
img005.jpg

59317974_570363053453214_8247410756870471680_n.jpg

I ordered it once when in Maryland having read it was similar to crab bisque with the "roe" added.

What I was served was different, it was more of a broth type soup with crab, corn, and tomatoes. What I was served was OK - not necessarily something I would order again.

CraigC , how is "real" she crab soup made?

I ordered it once when in Maryland having read it was similar to crab bisque with the "roe" added.

What I was served was different, it was more of a broth type soup with crab, corn, and tomatoes. What I was served was OK - not necessarily something I would order again.

CraigC , how is "real" she crab soup made?

I've never had it, but think the original is from South Carolina. Because it uses crab roe, it is probably not allowed in states that prohibit the taking of females with eggs (roe).

Back
Top Bottom