Self Isolation Supplies

Yes, I noticed that. I think it contained gurnard, sardines, mackerel and others
My freezer is quite full at the moment, but i'll definitely look out for that during the next week or so

Yes, I noticed that. I think it contained gurnard, sardines, mackerel and others
My freezer is quite full at the moment, but i'll definitely look out for that during the next week or so

Unfortunately they aren't doing them for on-line delivery. I really don't want to risk going into shops right now.

Unfortunately they aren't doing them for on-line delivery. I really don't want to risk going into shops right now.
Very wise. We are shopping for 3 households and it's getting very complicated. I find morrisons very quiet after 8pm. We tried earlier in the day and went straight back home when we saw the queues outside.

Very wise. We are shopping for 3 households and it's getting very complicated. I find morrisons very quiet after 8pm. We tried earlier in the day and went straight back home when we saw the queues outside.

Our shops are open normal times now, supermarkets 7.30 am to 10 pm.

Russ

Are you still finding TP shortages? Here its no problem at all to get it from supermarkets now. The problem was caused by panic buying at the beginning of the lockdown.

We can't get it via delivery or curbside here yet, we have to go in. I am in a high risk group so I would rather not do that.

We can't get it via delivery or curbside here yet, we have to go in. I am in a high risk group so I would rather not do that.

Ah OK. Yes, of course best to stay safe. I'm lucky that in the UK we have an extensive supermarket home delivery system in most areas. Slots are a little restricted due to high demand at the moment, but so far I've managed to do all food and household shopping on-line.

Our local supermarket (Morrisons) have started selling a mixed fish tray for £5. All whole fish. I have two lemon sole, 6 sardines, two herring and a mackerel. The tray could also have included sprats and plaice.

Lemon sole tonight.
I wonder, was this a local deal only? I looked on Morrisons website and it only showed mixed fish boxes (pretty bland fillets too) for £35. Feeling the need for some Mediterranean style grilled fish this weekend I called in at our local Morrisons this morning, but the queues were horrendous. Tesco's queue was bearable, but their fresh fish counter is closed. Only fish available was packets of fillets, no whole fish at all. I'm pretty sure there's a large red mullet in the bottom of the freezer...

I wonder, was this a local deal only? I looked on Morrisons website and it only showed mixed fish boxes (pretty bland fillets too) for £35. Feeling the need for some Mediterranean style grilled fish this weekend I called in at our local Morrisons this morning, but the queues were horrendous. Tesco's queue was bearable, but their fresh fish counter is closed. Only fish available was packets of fillets, no whole fish at all.
I'm pretty sure there's a large red mullet in the bottom of the freezer...

Yeah, I found that out!

This week I received my seafood delivery from Fish for Thought. It all seems good!

I'm pretty sure there's a large red mullet in the bottom of the freezer...

My favourite fish in the whole world. I hope you keep the liver intact.

I wonder, was this a local deal only? I looked on Morrisons website and it only showed mixed fish boxes (pretty bland fillets too) for £35. Feeling the need for some Mediterranean style grilled fish this weekend I called in at our local Morrisons this morning, but the queues were horrendous. Tesco's queue was bearable, but their fresh fish counter is closed. Only fish available was packets of fillets, no whole fish at all. I'm pretty sure there's a large red mullet in the bottom of the freezer...
Yes, just in store. The fish counter is closed. We had to pick up shopping for my parents yesterday afternoon and were so pleased we had managed to get a click and collect slot as the queues outside were horrendous.

Ah OK. Yes, of course best to stay safe. I'm lucky that in the UK we have an extensive supermarket home delivery system in most areas. Slots are a little restricted due to high demand at the moment, but so far I've managed to do all food and household shopping on-line.
It all depends on where in the US one lives. Here in NE Ohio, I can get free curbside pickup at two local grocery stores and a few others charge a small fee. I tried the delivery service once at a different grocery store, but I was dissatisfied. They charged me a fee and they were late, and there were inaccuracies with my order as well. Easier to pickup for free at a different grocery store and I would rather avoid paying the service fee (and my order is correct). I think Milkduds lives in a smaller city and they don't have as much to choose from for now, hopefully things will improve in the future in her area.

I was a stockpiler for a long time before COVID-19 was a thing. I have a chest freezer in the garage that is nearly full with a variety of pork, chicken, beef, fish, prawns, and vegetables, and containers of homemade pasta sauce, chili, and soups. My pantry has lots of pasta and canned goods. I still keep doing my curbside grocery pickups regularly though, as from what I am reading there are possibly going to be disruptions in the food supply chain. Better to stay ahead of it.

We've found it impossible to get delivery or click and collect for my parents in their town, and really difficult for us in the city. Fortunately we've now discovered that the next town over from us has lots of click and collect slots so we are doing that now. Alternative weeks with a shop for my parents. Fortunately my parents are less than half an hour away so we can drop their shopping off and wave from the end of the path.

I'll have to go in to our local Morrisons once a month though to collect my prescription so will try and get my monthly fish fix :)

We've found it impossible to get delivery or click and collect for my parents in their town, and really difficult for us in the city.

Oh - I'm sorry. I think maybe I'm OK because I have delivery passes for several supermarkets. Delivery passes are a monthly payment which gives you free delivery. Tescos are impossible though, and have suspended payment of the delivery pass because they can't offer enough slots. However, I'm managing to get regular deliveries from both Morrisons and Ocado.

It all depends on where in the US one lives. Here in NE Ohio, I can get free curbside pickup at two local grocery stores and a few others charge a small fee. I tried the delivery service once at a different grocery store, but I was dissatisfied. They charged me a fee and they were late, and there were inaccuracies with my order as well. Easier to pickup for free at a different grocery store and I would rather avoid paying the service fee (and my order is correct). I think Milkduds lives in a smaller city and they don't have as much to choose from for now, hopefully things will improve in the future in her area.

I was a stockpiler for a long time before COVID-19 was a thing. I have a chest freezer in the garage that is nearly full with a variety of pork, chicken, beef, fish, prawns, and vegetables, and containers of homemade pasta sauce, chili, and soups. My pantry has lots of pasta and canned goods. I still keep doing my curbside grocery pickups regularly though, as from what I am reading there are possibly going to be disruptions in the food supply chain. Better to stay ahead of it.
Your freezer sounds exactly like mine.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom