Self Isolation Supplies

Ciao a tutti,
I just see this picture on BBC it looks like apocalypse movie! Why are people being as animals? They grab and other have none. I will do anything to feed Ray and my family but NOT for the cost to others. I now thank God I listen to mama and nonna, I can make meals out of little. Sad the people who do this, if food does no have microwave instruction they lost. Some friends laugh at me because I make everything, now they in panic and I do not!!

View attachment 38782
Sarana x

Wow. Grabbing AND trashing? I really don't get this at all. I have to say, this looks like a Toys R Us aisle with the stuff on the floor but with less goods on the shelves. Children might (MIGHT) act like this but the rest of us?

We have enough food to last us a good while - I haven't calculated how long, but it should be a fair few weeks. The freezer is always full of meat and cheese, and I still have loads of pasta in that I bought a few months ago when it was on special offer, plus assorted dried beans, chickpeas, lentils etc. The main problem is going to fresh things (milk, veg etc.) I just went online to book an Ocado delivery and the first available delivery is 11 days away! How do I know what veg I want to eat in 2 week's time?

What I'm most concerned about though is running out of sparkling wine....we were supposed to be going on holiday in May and we always stock up on French cremant before coming home (enough to last us until the next holiday), but its looking increasingly likely that our holiday is going to have to be postponed....which means no cheap bubbles for the summer :cry:

I just went online to book an Ocado delivery and the first available delivery is 11 days away! How do I know what veg I want to eat in 2 week's time?

I did the same the other day and booked a delivery for next Saturday. Tesco was better with a 4 day wait - but checking just now the earliest they have is next Monday.

Just looked at Iceland which admittedly doesn't do much fresh food but can be useful for basics - they are (at the moment) offering next day delivery.

The main problem is going to fresh things (milk, veg etc.) I just went online to book an Ocado delivery and the first available delivery is 11 days away! How do I know what veg I want to eat in 2 week's time?
Here it's worse, every delivery service for groceries has been booked to capacity until March 31. It was in the news, people have gone stark mad. We normally get a delivery each week because I am disabled and that's easier for us. Hopefully my delivery for tomorrow (which is the only one I could get last week) will continue.

It's a problem for us too because we'll run out of fresh produce at some point and we have no relatives or friends who can buy us new things, and I am in an at risk group so we're staying home. Thankfully we were prepared for this half a year ago as well, so while we'll have to do without fresh milk and eggs we will have plenty to eat.

I had no choice but to schedule the Ocado delivery for next week, I'll need to update my basket later with things we actually need at that point. Part of me is wondering if I should schedule one for the week after too just in case slots are still hard to come by. But then that perpetuates the problem......

I really don't think the media is helping though....we watched the news last night and I think virtually the entire programme was talking about the virus - not a mention of anything else going on either in the country or abroad. I know its important, but there are other things going on too that are worth reporting too!

The Aldi at the end of my road remains well stocked. Maybe I am lucky. They even have toilet rolls. I'm certainly not stock piling anything. If required my freezers will (at long last) get used up!

I haven't even thought of ALDI. I have two of them very nearby. I don't have high hopes, but I guess I could look.

CD

I don't understand why supermarkets aren't rationing the amount people can buy at one time. I did find that when I did an on-line shop I that toilet rolls were limited to one pack per delivery but nothing else.

Just logged onto Ocado on-line supermarket to check what I ordered for next Saturday. This is what greeted me!

I don't understand why supermarkets aren't rationing the amount people can buy at one time. I did find that when I did an on-line shop I that toilet rolls were limited to one pack per delivery but nothing else.

Me neither, everyone is calling for it on their support pages as well yet the stores act oblivious. Though here online shopping has got limits now, but shopping in the actual stores does not which causes people like my friend to run into shortages.

I haven't even thought of ALDI. I have two of them very nearby. I don't have high hopes, but I guess I could look.

CD
Don't rule out the smaller mom-and-pop stores and places like that. I found toilet paper the last time I was at CVS, for example, when everyone else was out. Wasn't looking for it, I was picking up a prescription, but there it was, so I grabbed a four-pack. :)

They are here. Milk, eggs, and water, toilet paper (when you can find it), and paper towels, mainly.

Back
Top Bottom