Shopping lists - do you use them?

@SatNavSaysStraightOn
Wish I were kidding but I am not.
I have certain stores that I shop for certain things.
I have a list for each store and I have a master list of the stores based on location. I plan a route. Start with stores on the right. (U.S. Driving) Then hit stores on my left
I put an ice chest in my car so I do not have to run home after each stop.

I did that when I lived in Connecticut. No, I didn't hit all the stores all the time, but I had an app that allowed me to list each grocery store, and then within that I could set up categories, which for each store I set up in the order in which I hit those sections on my way through. Under the categories, I'd put the actual items and have a way of checking them on or off (through the software). For things I simply planned to purchase the best looking item in that category, I'd have an item I'd name "random seafood" or the like.

On my best days, I'd hit up both TJ's and Whole Foods after work (I'd have to get out of work early enough to not hit the highway traffic after), then hit the ones up in my town. There would sometimes be weekend shopping which would get me off to the local Asian market.

Up here, I've yet to set up a good system like that. There isn't a TJs or a Whole foods or an Asian market near me here. But I do have a paper or a phone memo list for the more important needs.

Last edited:
We don't do separate lists for the regular grocery store and the store where we buy nearly all of our meat and veges, but we do make separate lists for the Asian market and the restaurant supply place.

Back
Top Bottom