Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_1688 (2).JPG

From the Farmers Market, Aebleskiver to go. I haven't had one in years. They were nice enough to give not only the powdered sugar but also a small sampling of their Raspberry and Blueberry Sauce, YUM!
I reheated them in the Air Fryer pre-heated to 390° for 3 minutes.
I shared this DH (he also had a fresh Beef Steak Tomato, diced) and finished off the rest of my Smoked Chicken Taco as well.

I'll refrain from commenting on the 'not scrambled' eggs...
I thought of you the other day when I was looking through one of my cookbooks.

It’s one of those big ones, with extra sections on place settings, and menu planning, and entertaining, and at the beginning of each section, they have several pages of information and some basic prep instructions.

In the section for eggs, the introductory part included how eggs are graded, egg substitutions for different sizes, and the usual cooking methods.

When it got to scrambled, it told how high to heat the pan, how much butter to add, how to mix them up, and when it got to the scrambling bit, it said to “stir constantly until no liquid egg remains,” and the photo (staged, I’m sure) showed a pan of very distinct and individual cooked egg curds, and I thought, “I know someone who wouldn’t like that…” :laugh:

The muffins (?) in the last photo look good.
That is a grilled/griddled pecan sticky bun, Pennsylvania specialty.

Speaking of local specialties, I’ll let caseydog know the special there this morning was…Taylor’s pork roll and eggs.

I had to laugh…I’ve detailed how MrsT carries emergency pure maple syrup in her purse, because a lot of diners use “pancake syrup,” which is just artificially-flavored corn syrup, and no self-respecting girl from the North Country can eat that stuff.

Well…she’s already blown through her emergency syrup and we haven’t been able to find any little replacement bottles. She forgot that before she ordered those pancakes, and when the server brought them out with the little containers of pancake syrup, MrsT asked if they had real maple syrup.

“No, I’m sorry, we don’t. It’s been hard enough getting the fake stuff, every order, it’s from a different supplier. You know what I do, though…I snag the little bottles of real syrup from Cracker Barrel and keep them in my purse. I’d give you one of those, but I’m out!”

:laugh:

These were the eggs at the hotel this morning:

We did not have those. :laugh:

We went to a little diner and had lots and lots of gravy:

That’s creamed chipped beef on toast for MrsT…

…and a biscuit, topped with hash browns, sausage gravy, and two fried eggs. It’s also supposed to have a layer of cheese in there, but I don’t like cheese and gravy together.

When we were in Texas, this is how my waffle was made

View attachment 85658
Those days of a free full hot breakfast at hotels are long gone! :cry:
Hampton Inn had two self-serve waffle irons going - one for regular and one for chocolate, but I just can’t stomach those quickie free hotel breakfasts - me and MrsT fight about that every trip, which usually ends with me saying, “I’ll gladly wait on you while you eat that crap, then you can wait on me while I go to the diner!”

These were the eggs at the hotel this morning:

View attachment 85653We did not have those. :laugh:

We went to a little diner and had lots and lots of gravy:

View attachment 85665
That’s creamed chipped beef on toast for MrsT…

View attachment 85664
…and a biscuit, topped with hash browns, sausage gravy, and two fried eggs. It’s also supposed to have a layer of cheese in there, but I don’t like cheese and gravy together.
Amen. No cheese for me. Hubby likes cheese on everything. Usually American cheese with his breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom