Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

There’s toast underneath and we had bacon on the side.

IMG_2010.JPG

We had the housecleaners in Monday morning so we usally go to brunch and get out of their way.
My plate, Corned Beef Hash, Scramble, Blueberry Muffin and not picture is a very nice bowl of fruit I gave to DH
The Has was not what I had expected, I was told by many locals that "it's made from fresh Corned Beef and very good, not like canned at all".
HMMMM
It looks like canned, but it didn't smell nor taste like canned, albeit still has the mouthfeel of canned, too bad.

IMG_2011.JPG

DH ordered the Pancake Breakfast: 2 lovely Pancakes, 2 Eggs any style and 5 strips of Bacon - he ate this all!
And TastyReuben I TOTALLY forgot to put some real maple syrup in my bag!!! DH didn't seem to care though :laugh:

Morning Glory what kind of meat is that?

That is the British version of bacon, AKA, Canadian bacon (AKA, back bacon from the Great White North). Still cured pork (and sometimes smoked), but from a different part of the pig. I've actually made it before, using Michael Ruhlman's recipe/technique.

CD

Last edited:
Here’s the oatmeal I’ve been making recently:

Doesn’t look like much, but it does fit in the “healthier eating” subject; that’s steel-cut oats (cooked in water instead of my usual half-and-half), and a mashed up banana with a smidge of butter, a hint of brown sugar, a splash of vanilla, and a dusting of cinnamon stirred in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom