Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
BroTasty: It’s not humanly possible to cook eggs in a stainless steel skillet without <bleeping> up your pan.

Tasty:

I've done it. It just requires lots of butter.

CD
That was four eggs and 2 tsp of fat (oil & butter). You just have to get that temp right (pretty hot, but not too hot).

I usually scramble in nonstick, just out of habit, but one huge advantage of a hot SS pan…eggs are in and out of the pan in about 45 seconds.

I took out some leftover gyro meat from the freezer and fried up some potatoes and onion in beef fat, mixed in the chopped thawed gyro meat, some diced tomato, and oregano in the pan, and made a little side of dill/cilantro/garlic yogurt sauce (kind of like tzatziki minus the cucumber). I cut up pita into triangular wedges and warmed them with feta cheese on them, then smeared a little of the yogurt herb sauce on it, put a pile of gyro meat and potatoes on top, and 3 over-easy fried eggs on top of that with a drizzle of sauce. Hubby loved it! I didn't take pics. Maybe I will take pics of mine when I get around to making it, not quite hungry yet. It's only 2:21 in the afternoon, geeze, it's early yet!

I’ve already had:

2 cups of tea
1 cup of coffee
Breakfast
Snack
Beer
Lunch
Snack

…and I’m about to find another snack!
I had tea and coffee, in the middle of breakfast right now. This is delicious. I wasn't sure if the beef and lamb would be good with eggs, but it is.

I'm about ready for a nap. Wait, I just got out of bed around 11:30, guess I'd better not, LOL. I actually woke up around 8 a.m. but I love just lying in bed when I don't have to work.

Well why not? If you can? Sleep well, lol! :laugh:
I'm just so full. That lamb-beef mixture was really rich, along with the feta and yogurt sauce...I should get a shower and get dressed but...

Well why not? If you can? Sleep well, lol! :laugh:

If JAS is anything like me, a nap during the day means I won't sleep at night. It doen't always stop me from taking a nap, it just means I'll be in bed awake at 2AM thinking, "Why did I take that nap?"

CD

If JAS is anything like me, a nap during the day means I won't sleep at night. It doen't always stop me from taking a nap, it just means I'll be in bed awake at 2AM thinking, "Why did I take that nap?"

CD
I usually lie down and don't sleep when I try to take a nap, LOL. Unless I am sick. I wake up early for no reason at all regardless of what time I went to sleep, which is a real PITA. I just don't bother getting out of bed. I could probably get a lot of stuff done but it's just "me" time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom