Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went out early to get some things done, and had breakfast at a cool Breakfast/Lunch only restaurant in Frisco called Biscuit. Sausage and cheddar omelet, hash browns and sourdough toast. Good coffee, too.

I toook afew bites before I remembered to snap a phone picture. :oops:

IMG_2002.JPG

CD

An understandable misreading. But what does hand packed mean? And why is it a good thing?
It means it’s packed in its containers by hand, not by a machine, and subsequently more air is removed during packing, resulting in a heavier, richer, denser ice cream.

I didn’t just know that - I had to look it up! :laugh:

I see that menu from the All Day Breakfast and it amuses me. (Must be my warped sense of humour!)
"Three, freshly cracked eggs..." - would I honestly expect anything else?? :laugh: :laugh:
"Hand-dipped milkshakes". HEY! Get your grubby little fingers out of my shake!!:hyper::hyper:
"Hand-breaded onion rings" . Well I don´t expect you to bread them with your feet, buster...
"Western Omelette". Is there an Eastern omelette somewhere?
I imagine the reason is all this "sustainable" and "organic" stuff and the rather annoying habit of all restaurants, bars, cafes, diners and pubs to give the impression that their kitchen crews are lovingly preparing each individual dish with a tear in their eye:laugh::laugh:
Reality:
(Chef) " 4 big boys table 4; 2 pancakes, 3 combos, 2 western omelette table 5; I want that NOW!!!"

"Western Omelette". Is there an Eastern omelette somewhere?
A Western omelette is an American diner staple (seen as originating in the western part of the US, hence the name). It’s no different than any other culture having a particular name for a local/regional dish. Not sure what the confusion is. 🤷🏻

Yeah there is (more than one) - but I'm sure these guys wouldn't know about them.

Omelets in US diners/cafes are very customizable. There will typically be a half dozen or so pre-determined options, but a lot of places also let you "Build Your Own Omelet." You pick from a list of meats, cheeses and veggies, and they make it for you.

CD

A Western omelette is an American diner staple (seen as originating in the western part of the US, hence the name). It’s no different than any other culture having a particular name for a local/regional dish. Not sure what the confusion is. 🤷🏻

Western omelets vary from region to region. One popular version is the Denver omelet. I see those on menus more often than "Western" omelets.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom