Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree - but you know me and scramble. American scramble is a different animal to French or British scramble.

Yeah, you can't drink American scrambled eggs. :D

You do realize that I am going to tease you about your egg preferences until you grow tired of me, and ban me from the forum, right?

CD

I just like eggs. I cook mine a certain way, but I'll eat them cooked just about any way.

CD
That is exactly how I am. Sunny side up to broken yolk over hard, wet or dry, I don’t care. It’s an egg. It’ll be good no matter what.

This is has been my breakfast for the past years. I have the same things for breakfast everyday and I really enjoy it.
1666253574413.png

Lets say American scramble is different from European scramble then, ours is the same as the British and French types

Classic French scrambled egg is different as TastyReuben will testify (having experienced it not long ago on holiday). Its very slow cooked over a very low heat for a long time. So its not floppy soft tumbling curds (how I like it) but a smoother almost porridge like texture. There's a video from Jamie Oliver somewhere demonstrating the three methods (American, French and UK). I think I may have posted the link before...

..found it. Here is a link to the post.

Classic French scrambled egg is different as @TastyReuben will testify (having experienced it not long ago on holiday). Its very slow cooked over a very low heat for a long time.
True, although Jacques Pepin does demonstrate the technique and can get it done fairly quickly.

I have another cookbook for French food, and it describes making the eggs in a double-boiler over very low heat, and stirring nonstop for 30 minutes to achieve the desired texture.

That would never cut it in an American diner. If you don’t have your food within 10 minutes of ordering it, something’s probably wrong. Diners are all about in and out as quickly as possible. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom