Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning:

That’s the leftover potato-cauliflower dish from last night on the side, and the eggs had mushrooms, cheese, tomatoes, bell pepper, and onion in there.

If the eggs look a little funny, that’s because it started out as an omelet, but for the first time in a long time, it simply did not want to budge, so…

:laugh:

True, although Jacques Pepin does demonstrate the technique and can get it done fairly quickly.

I have another cookbook for French food, and it describes making the eggs in a double-boiler over very low heat, and stirring nonstop for 30 minutes to achieve the desired texture.

That would never cut it in an American diner. If you don’t have your food within 10 minutes of ordering it, something’s probably wrong. Diners are all about in and out as quickly as possible. :laugh:

You can cook French style scrambled eggs faster, but you have to constantly stir. I cook my scrambled eggs over medium heat, and they get done pretty quickly, but I have to tend to them the whole time they are in the pan. That, and use a lot of butter.

CD

FOUR eggs in the omelette?? My God, you´d need a paella dish to cook that in!!
"Scramblers" sounds like an upmarket version of IHOP...
(Edit) but to be fair, at least they offer "mini" versions of many dishes, which would amply satisfy my appetite.

FOUR eggs in the omelette?? My God, you´d need a paella dish to cook that in!!
"Scramblers" sounds like an upmarket version of IHOP...
Better, IMO, in that IHOP really tries to drag in the kids/families, with all those dessert-style pancakes.

That’s something I actively avoid. :laugh:

I’ll cover this in more detail elsewhere, but this is the egg my mom had waiting on me when I arrived this morning:

Keep in mind, this is a woman who fed 10 people three times a day every day for decades, and that’s what it’s come to.

I struggled a bit in a supremely cluttered kitchen, with no room to slice or dice anything, but this is what I made us in place of that:

She ate a very big (for her) breakfast and raves about it, but I’ll get the real story later from my brother. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom