Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the longest three hours ever.

We had a strata with hatch chilies, red bell, onion, Munster/Monterey Jack, cheddar, eggs, milk, and, of course, bread. It was 1 of those make the night before, refrigerate, then bake in the morning. It was very good. Next time may add some chorizo or breakfast sausage. No pic.

We had a strata with hatch chilies, red bell, onion, Munster/Monterey Jack, cheddar, eggs, milk, and, of course, bread. It was 1 of those make the night before, refrigerate, then bake in the morning. It was very good. Next time may add some chorizo or breakfast sausage. No pic.

I love the way your breakfast are so 'unwestern'. That's not a word.

I love the way your breakfast are so 'unwestern'. That's not a word.

It is actually very "Western," as in American.

"While it sounds Italian, the strata is actually American in origin. The earliest recipe has been found in a 1902 book, Handbook of Household Science. That first recipe used white sauce instead eggs." - thenibble.com

CD

"While it sounds Italian, the strata is actually American in origin. The earliest recipe has been found in a 1902 book, Handbook of Household Science. That first recipe used white sauce instead eggs." - thenibble.com

CD
Interesting. I've read the all the info on thenibble. It's like a bread and butter pudding where anything goes. I'm imagining an Arnold Bennett version.

CD

Yeah - I know strata is an American thing. Its little known here. I just meant that medtran49 & CraigC often have chilli in their breakfasts. Which of course, is right up my street.

I love the cooked tomatoes and champignons served on breakfast buffets. I can't understand tourists who pile a ton of pastries on their plate. I'm an incorrigible show-off: at hotel breakfasts I arrange all kinds of fancy compositions (like MypinchofItaly), array fruit in a tall glass, take sour yoghurt with seeds and kernels and make one sandwich with bacon, the finest cheese and the most beautiful veggies. Then I finish with a slice of toast with butter and jam - accompanied with coffee. I also might spend two weeks 24/7 on the internet finding a hotel with an interior and view which pleases my eye (I currently study interior design). Are they coming to take me away :hungry:? Well, we all have our fixations. Today just oatmeal with frozen black currants and butter (with coffee:coffee:) for breakfast.

puuro.jpg

That is rather strange - there are what looks like boiled, buttered new potatoes on that plate - something I've never seen on an English breakfast.

If I were going to make a substitution, it would be for the baked beans. I just can't wrap my head around baked beans for breakfast. :scratchhead:

CD

That is rather strange - there are what looks like boiled, buttered new potatoes on that plate - something I've never seen on an English breakfast.

It has been a surprise for ne as well, never seen potatoes on an English breakfast. I’ve eaten them anyway for politeness 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom