Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are fabulous fruits, a bit underrated. I’ll keep buying them as long as I’ll keep finding them at supermarket/open air market.
But never ever I’ll touch them with bare hands, I might cry for days. Always pick up them with a fork from the box (I’m supposing nobody will climb directly on the plant to pick them), always peeling them with fork and knife and as soon as peeled, washing the same fork and knife you’ve used before cutting and eating them.

They grow like weeds here in Texas, but nobody really does anything with them. I picked some of the fruit off the ones in my yard (old house), and made cocktails once. That's it.

CD

I think I will stick with a nice pear. In some people, prickly pear cactus can cause some minor side effects including diarrhea, nausea, increased amount and frequency of stool, bloating, and headache. In rare cases, eating large amounts of prickly pear cactus fruits can cause a blockage in the lower intestines.

They grow like weeds here in Texas, but nobody really does anything with them. I picked some of the fruit off the ones in my yard (old house), and made cocktails once. That's it.

CD

I’m a bit surprised to hear this since Texas has a hot climate. Prickly pears grow happily in all the Mediterranean area, Sicily and Sardinia are the main Italian places where they grow.

I’ve never had a cocktail made with prickly pear, I wouldn’t know where to start.

Last edited:
I’m a bit surprised to hear this since Texas has a hot climate. Prickly pears grow happily in all the Mediterranean area, Sicily and Sardinia are the main Italian places where they grow.

I’ve never had a cocktail made with prickly pear, I wouldn’t know where to start.

You can litteraly take some cuttings off a prickly pear here, toss it in some dirt, and it will take root and grow... and grow, and grow.

Are we talking about the same plant? Here is what we have...

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 1.59.03 AM.jpg

CD

You can litteraly take some cuttings off a prickly pear here, toss it in some dirt, and it will take root and grow... and grow, and grow.

Are we talking about the same plant? Here is what we have...

View attachment 46617

CD

Same here.
Yes we are talking about the same plant, but I think that ours grow mostly in height - some plants are high 4-5 mt

I had two eggs this morning because they were small.

I also had a laugh because yesterday, I found out that the potatoes I learned to make at the feet of my mom and grandmom are actually Potatoes Lyonnaise. Who knew those two old country gals were trained in traditional French cooking. Here, we just call them "fried taters." :laugh:

Breakfast today: Some shrimp I'd intended to cook for another dish I ended up not making. Here I pan fried it with a hint of hot sesame oil, added it to a three egg omelet (eggs from my hens), and topped it with a Persian Chechill cheese, which is mild and melts nicely. Folded that part to the right over the left, and dished it out after a few more minutes.

breakfast shrimp persian cheese omelet.jpg

I've posted enough pics of my buttermilk pancakes, so now, you're just going to see the tail end:

Light as a cloud, they were, with heated maple syrup and butter stirred in.

I usually make three pancakes each for us, but because I've got to be a good boy for the next...80 days, I cut it back to one pancake each.

When I sat MrsTasty's plate down and turned to walk back to the kitchen, she said, "Hey...you forgot something."

"What's that?" I replied, thinking I forgot to bring her fork along with it.

"Well...THE REST OF MY DAMN PANCAKES!"

:laugh:
Why does she have to be punished because you have to be a "good boy" LOL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom