Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avocado cream, salad, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese sandwich
img_20210124_1041033808537830934292196.jpg

Stay healthy

Baked beans only started appearing in English breakfasts in the 1960's following a huge advertising campaign by Heinz. They became a cheap filler, much like hash browns, neither really belonging in a traditional English breakfast. Therefore, ironically, the weird stuff we now add to our breakfast we got from Americans 😂. This has minded me to research a history of the English breakfast. Internet searches come up with nothing of any substance. A worthy lockdown project.

I've got a lovely vintage book (1923) called, Breakfast Dishes and Savouries. Its full of wonderful savoury recipes - the sorts of things served for breakfast and after dinner in posh houses.

Baked beans only started appearing in English breakfasts in the 1960's following a huge advertising campaign by Heinz. They became a cheap filler, much like hash browns, neither really belonging in a traditional English breakfast. Therefore, ironically, the weird stuff we now add to our breakfast we got from Americans 😂. This has minded me to research a history of the English breakfast. Internet searches come up with nothing of any substance. A worthy lockdown project.

Yeah, sure, blame us. Next you are going to say we are the reason you call an upside-down pie a pudding.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom