Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gingerbread pancakes and sausage patties:

View attachment 56210

I cheated a bit in that I noticed a box of pancake mix in the back of the cupboard that I didn't know I had, so I doctored it up a bit with ground ginger, cinnamon, molasses, and vanilla and...POOF!...gingerbread pancakes.

Do you ever Make buckwheat pancakes? I love them. There is one place in Frisco that makes them. I need to go there soon -- well "soon" is a relative thing during Covid.

CD

Do you ever Make buckwheat pancakes? I love them. There is one place in Frisco that makes them. I need to go there soon -- well "soon" is a relative thing during Covid.

CD
I've never made them, but I've had them before.

A plate of fresh fruits, I'm thankful that I can eat that. Stay healthy
img_20210131_1110526809000233232977396.jpg

For Breakfast, I had a Jimmy Dean Sausage Egg and Cheese Croissant.

full.jpg

These are store bought and are quickly heated by microwave.

Jimmy Dean Breakfasts of this type come in Croissant or Biscuit form and may be Sausage, Egg and Cheese or Bacon Egg and Cheese.

Well, it's a safe bet - you all call nearly everything a pudding. :wink:
I was curious about that because of Burt Blank's photos in which he will write "and for pud..." but sometimes it's fresh fruit. In Chicago, we just call after dinner treats (usually sugar based) desserts. Fresh fruit would just be called fresh fruit no matter what time of day or before/after a meal.

She didn't call it breakfast. But she ate it at around 10:00 a.m.

Thais don't have individual specific names for meals. Mainly because they can eat 10 times a day at a push.

I rarely eat regular "meals" either. Drives my parents nuts. 7AM, Noon, 5PM -- that's when you eat breakfast lunch and dinner. I like the idea of noodles for a morning wake-up meal -- sounds as good as cereal for breakfast. Not quite ready to embrace fish in the morning -- especially whole with eyes.

CD

These are my go-to "prep-ahead" oatmeal-based breakfasts...All equally healthy and tasty!

1. Swiss Bircher Muesli
2. Homemade Crunchy Granola
3. Choc Chip Muesli bars

Which one would you go for?

Last edited by a moderator:
I struggle with breakfast, I always have done. Sometimes I eat it, sometimes I don't eat it, other times I will do several hours work before eating it and I never know what to eat for breakfast.

Often I'll just have porridge, hot or cold, made with Almond milk or soya yoghurt respectively.
Lately I've been having Weet-bix (which is equivalent to the UK Weetabix but with no sugar or salt in it) and served with homemade soya yoghurt and red berries, but with the weather turning colder here and the nights below freezing now, I've gone back to porridge (rolled wholegrain oats) which I soak in Almond milk overnight before cooking and serving with red berries and some maple syrup.

View attachment 7192

So what do you have normally? And more to the point of this thread, post a picture of it up here. I'm more than a little curious.
Love a classic porridge! I like mine warm with a small chunk of homemade brown sugar/cinammon butter on top!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom