Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one would you go for?

At risk of being contentious, I wouldn't choose any of them - lovely as they look. This is partly a personal thing as I've never understood granola and muesli for breakfast. I don't understand how they are supposed to be 'healthy' as they tend to contain sugar or honey. In particular the store bought versions can contain high amounts of sugar.

As a kid I had porridge every morning - but no sugar. Just a little milk and salt.

Right now I would choose bircher müsli, because I like oatmeals a lot and I'm already eating them every day, with different kinds of fruits or liquids (juice, milk, tea)
The müsli bars are attractive for me. Stay healthy

At risk of being contentious, I wouldn't choose any of them - lovely as they look. This is partly a personal thing as I've never understood granola and muesli for breakfast. I don't understand how they are supposed to be 'healthy' as they tend to contain sugar or honey. In particular the store bought versions can contain high amounts of sugar.

As a kid I had porridge every morning - but no sugar. Just a little milk and salt.
Breakfast can be very personal and grounded in routines and habits!
And so are dietary preferences - I personally eat a healthy, balanced diet - with no processed foods at all. With that, I don't see a small amount of sugar or honey as a bad thing. Especially as an alternative to store-bought sugary cereals, like you said!

I rarely eat regular "meals" either. Drives my parents nuts. 7AM, Noon, 5PM -- that's when you eat breakfast lunch and dinner. I like the idea of noodles for a morning wake-up meal -- sounds as good as cereal for breakfast. Not quite ready to embrace fish in the morning -- especially whole with eyes.

CD
My ex-grandfather-in-law was like that. At a family function, I asked him if he wanted me to make him a plate. He looked at his watch (it was 11:55A) and said "No, thank you." Five minutes later he was ready to eat lunch. LOL

I forgot to mention this. My wife got one of her ex colleagues at Waitrose to send her 500g of Jamaican blue mountain beans as my birthday present. So my normal double espresso and a splash of foamy milk is very special.
1612588962400.png

These are my go-to "prep-ahead" oatmeal-based breakfasts...All equally healthy and tasty!

1. Swiss Bircher Muesli
2. Homemade Crunchy Granola
3. Choc Chip Muesli bars

Which one would you go for?

View attachment 56631

View attachment 56632

View attachment 56633
I am sure they all taste good, and certainly are healthy -- but I live in Texas, so I have to ask,
Where's the BACON?

On a serious note, I actually do eat things like oatmeal in the morning -- well, most days. But, sometimes the siren song of pork fat and eggs draws me into the rocks.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom