Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure they all taste good, and certainly are healthy -- but I live in Texas, so I have to ask,
Where's the BACON?

On a serious note, I actually do eat things like oatmeal in the morning -- well, most days. But, sometimes the siren song of pork fat and eggs draws me into the rocks.

CD
it's all about balance! we do love bacon too ;0)

Yorkers mate epicuric inquired about the mackerel. I was answering based on a 20 yrs old memory.

Personally I don't eat mackerel (or whatever it is). My wife insists on calling it tuna. In the market they call it plaa (fish).

Mashed avocado on an everything bagel with pistachio dukkah. Broke the yolk when I cracked my egg, but that's okay since I don't really like runny yolks. Craig's were nice and runny though.

This year, the tables have been turned with regards to cards and chocolates.

I usually get my wife a card and something a little nice, like some chocs or some flowers, but it's rarely reciprocated. Not complaining, it never bothered me that much.

This year, I decided I didn't need to get a card, and we have a box of chocs in the house already, so I figured the meal I'm cooking is present enough.

She surprised me with a card and a little box of dark chocolates for me. ❤️ 😊

I asked why the sudden change and she said, "I think I've probably been a handful lately," and left it at that. :laugh:

Maybe your little "snap" the other day sunk in.

I'll get a pic next go round since we have 12 freezing right now, but tried a Gordon recipe for biscuits with cheddar and sausage in them, drizzled with honey after baking. No pic because I spectacularly broke my egg when I went to take it out of pan. I'm 2 out of 2 for broken yolks in last few days. At least I managed to get Craig's out without breaking. The recipe says they can defrost in refrigerator overnight and bake up like freshly mixed. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom