Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a Jimmy Dean breakfast biscuit thing this morning again.

full.jpg

I'm getting deja vu!

Yeah, now you know why I had started looking to polenta. But at present, with my time so involved in unpacking and sorting out my life out of boxes, the routine breakfasts of oats and coffee, Jimmy Dean and coffee and the occasional banana are about the best I can do.

Getting things organized enough to do some challenge recipes is almost beyond me at this time. I ache all over from pulling weighty boxes and objects around. I sleep like a board, but wake anyway to answer the call of nature and clear my sinuses.

Getting into this new apartment is god send, but I'm damn glad that I don't have to do this with any great frequency.

But, as things are so routine, I am not going to post what I did for breakfast anymore, unless it is something unique.

Last edited:
Yeah, now you know why I had started looking to polenta. But at present, with my time so involved in unpacking and sorting out my life out of boxes, the routine breakfasts of oats and coffee, Jimmy Dean and coffee and the occasional banana are about the best I can do.

Getting things organized enough to do some challenge recipes is almost beyond me at this time. I ache all over from pulling weighty boxes and objects around. I sleep like a board, but wake anyway to answer the call of nature and clear my sinuses.

Getting into this new apartment is god send, but I'm damn glad that I don't have to do this with any great frequency.

When you do get settled, try making your own breakfast sandwiches. They are really easy, don't take much time, and are WAY better than a breakfast sandwich from the freezer microwaved. I make them on a pretty regular basis, with one pan and about fifteen minutes. I make my sausage patties in advance, and freeze them -- with Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage.

CD

april 02 breakfast-cb.jpg

Today's Breakfast: two home grown eggs, sunny side up and NO the whites aren't burnt (which would be crispy according to some, but burnt according to me).

Cooked with a little avocado oil, red bell pepper and leftover onion. Topped with mozzarella and cheddar cheese. And a good sprinkle of oregano and less of ground pepper. Perfect breakfast!

My goal is to have more non-starchy veggies at each meal, but since I live alone and often just make one course-meals, I may not always be compliant to that goal!

View attachment 60350

Today's Breakfast: two home grown eggs, sunny side up and NO the whites aren't burnt (which would be crispy according to some, but burnt according to me).

Cooked with a little avocado oil, red bell pepper and leftover onion. Topped with mozzarella and cheddar cheese. And a good sprinkle of oregano and less of ground pepper. Perfect breakfast!

My goal is to have more non-starchy veggies at each meal, but since I live alone and often just make one course-meals, I may not always be compliant to that goal!

I'm right with you on the "crispy" edges on fried eggs. It is supposed to be "the way" to make fried eggs, but I don't like it.

CD

I'm right with you on the "crispy" edges on fried eggs. It is supposed to be "the way" to make fried eggs, but I don't like it.

CD

Order "khaow padt" (fried rice) in Thailand and it is normally served with a crispy edged fried egg. I also prefer the edges of the egg not to be crispy so would ask for the rice without egg in a restaurant or add my own egg if it's carry oot.

CD
I'll eat it that way, because I'll eat an egg any which way, but when I make them for myself, I try and get them cooked without the crispy edge, like my buddy JP:

View: https://youtu.be/j-0D_kL91PI

Last edited:
For those who have read in the favorite movies thread, my boring announcements of having oats and coffee for breakfast, you might be wondering why I never posted photos. That's my oversight.

This morning I had oats with cranberry almond granola.

Start by putting the granola in the bowl ...

BreakfastOatsCranberryAlmondGranola01.jpg

Then cover that with oats. I prefer to use whole rolled oats, but the store was out and I had to use crushed oats.

BreakfastOatsCranberryAlmondGranola02.jpg

Finally, add water and let soak for about 5 to 10 minutes before stirring things up and then, consuming.

full.jpg

The granola makes things less boring.

I eat oatmeals almost every morning and whenever I think of this thread and ask myself if I should take a photo I look down into the bowl an find it very ugly and I still don't know why, the bowl is almost every time full of fruits... maybe I should garnish it with some nice cuts of the fruits. Do you eat your porridge always with water or do you use different liquids like juice, coffee etc. flyinglentris ?
Stay healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom