Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always cook my oatmeal/porridge. It's always steel-cut oats, not old-fashioned oats or rolled oats or quick-cooking oats, and I always cook them in milk and/or cream, and they're nearly always flavored with brown sugar and maple syrup, with some golden raisins tossed in.

My mom would cook old-fashioned oats when I was a kid, in water, cook them nearly dry, then add in cream at serving time, with a big fat blob of butter on top.

Oatmeal is such a great way to kick one's day. I need a few days of predominantly protein based food, very low carb, to balance off the last few days, and I might get back to oats. Love love oats.
2 d a week oats for breakfast should be ok. Have not had oats for 4 months.

My favourite oats was cooked with very little water, for several minutes, to thicken it, throw in frozen raspberries and blueberries, sprinkle with honey or brown sugar, aaah, heavenly:hungry:...

I might adjust it and leave out the honey and the sugar, some fruit should be ok, and possibly walnuts or flax seeds over it...

Coffee with cream. Yoghurt and puffed quinoa.
It is still snowing. I feel like using cinnamon for something, the wintery touch, on April 6th...

Wonder what will happen to all the fruit bearing trees that blossomed...

Will be decluttering paper, doing invoicing. Will post the Easter card, handwritten, to my student days friend in Germany...

I always cook my oatmeal/porridge. It's always steel-cut oats, not old-fashioned oats or rolled oats or quick-cooking oats, and I always cook them in milk and/or cream, and they're nearly always flavored with brown sugar and maple syrup, with some golden raisins tossed in.

My mom would cook old-fashioned oats when I was a kid, in water, cook them nearly dry, then add in cream at serving time, with a big fat blob of butter on top.
I do any or all of that, except the raisins. which I will never use.
Grandmother put that pat of butter in, when she made oatmeal for us. I often do it now, as well.

I do any or all of that, except the raisins. which I will never use.
Grandmother put that pat of butter in, when she made oatmeal for us. I often do it now, as well.
I'm actually smiling, thinking of my mom making oatmeal. Not my cup of tea these days, but I still miss it.

What I mean is, she'd cook old-fashioned oats until they were stiff, almost dry, then scoop out a big ladle-full and drop it it the bowl. The oatmeal would hold the shape of the ladle, and have an almost gelatin quality to it.

Then she'd pour warm milk or cream around it, so that it looked like the blob of oatmeal was floating in a little puddle of cream, and a big spoon of brown sugar dolloped in, along with the butter on top.

It was my job, as the diner, to then stir it all up, to get the cream, butter, and the sugar mixed into the otherwise bland oats.

Yeah, I like em raw and I haven't heard of any bad stuff that will happen in my belly when I eat em raw so far.
Stay healthy
I use raw mushrooms in salads all the time. Granted, I've never mixed them in a salad with strawberries, but there is certainly nothing bad about raw mushrooms.

CD

I eat them raw too - they are good sliced very thin and marinated in a vinaigrette. I'm a little unsure about combining them with strawberries though. But never say never!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom