Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakfast. Craig wanted breakfast out, but I didn't feel like it so suggested he pick up.something from this little family run place close to us. It's not much more than a hole in the wall. I think they have 8 tables, several of which are only 2 tops. But, they do all their own baking, even making wedding cakes! One of their specialties is shown below. It's between 7 to 7.5 inches in size. We got the icing on the side (or you can get caramel) because they put on so much if they do it that it pools and literally makes my teeth ache to eat. I mean I like icing, but... Cafe con leche to go with.

I made it thru half of mine. Tonight's dessert.

Breakfast. Craig wanted breakfast out, but I didn't feel like it so suggested he pick up.something from this little family run place close to us. It's not much more than a hole in the wall. I think they have 8 tables, several of which are only 2 tops. But, they do all their own baking, even making wedding cakes! One of their specialties is shown below. It's between 7 to 7.5 inches in size. We got the icing on the side (or you can get caramel) because they put on so much if they do it that it pools and literally makes my teeth ache to eat. I mean I like icing, but... Cafe con leche to go with.View attachment 62795

I made it thru half of mine. Tonight's dessert.

One of my customers is a place called Kolache Heaven. In addition to great Kolaches, they have Cinnamon rolls that are probably two days worth of calories in one serving. They are amazing, but if I eat more than a small piece, I'll be bouncing off the walls for the rest of the day. Kolache Heaven - Frisco, TX

CD

One of my customers is a place called Kolache Heaven. In addition to great Kolaches, they have Cinnamon rolls that are probably two days worth of calories in one serving. They are amazing, but if I eat more than a small piece, I'll be bouncing off the walls for the rest of the day. Kolache Heaven - Frisco, TX

CD
Funny, but we call desserts ,specifically cakes, Kolači, in Croatia...which is exactly that Kolači...will have a look...

Funny, but we call desserts ,specifically cakes, Kolači, in Croatia...which is exactly that Kolači...will have a look...

Kolaches, as we know them here, are a Czech food. There is an area about 80 miles South of Dallas that has a large Czech community. The city of West, Texas is at the heart of that Czech community. That town is famous for it's kolaches, and infamous for an explosion that almost wiped it off the map. I used to stop there and get kolaches on my way to Austin from a place called "The Czech Stop. They rebuilt and re-opened.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTVUA-jJ11I

CD

caseydog
Homemade sausage McMuffin. Well I'm not home, but it wasn't purchased from a restaurant, I made it in our condo kitchen, lol.
View attachment 62802

Nice! I make my own breakfast sandwiches, too. Usually a sausage patty (I make them in advance, bun size, and freeze them), an egg cooked in a ring mold, and some cheese on whatever bread/bun I have at the time. Not a planned in ahead thing -- very "I'm awake, and I'm hungry" kind of thing. :hungry:

CD

Nice! I make my own breakfast sandwiches, too. Usually a sausage patty (I make them in advance, bun size, and freeze them), an egg cooked in a ring mold, and some cheese on whatever bread/bun I have at the time. Not a planned in ahead thing -- very "I'm awake, and I'm hungry" kind of thing. :hungry:

CD
That's a pretty great idea!

Kolaches, as we know them here, are a Czech food. There is an area about 80 miles South of Dallas that has a large Czech community.
Oh! That explains it! Cool! There is a Cz sweet that my kid loves a lot: Trdelnik. Unknown to us until brought to Xmas fair several y ago. Basically pastry roll with cinammon and sugar, empty inside, the size of a huge whole arm bracelet, served with toppings, of course she had Nutella😎😂...

I like it just as is...

I looked at the link. Nice.

Not what we would typically offer as cakes.

A very common, legendary I dare say, dessert is Cremeschnitte. There are variations, but I like the standard one...

Pastry is thin, and the creme is very lightly sweet, thin layer of whipped cream...wonderful.
Not for breakfast really though...

For breakfast we could choose sweet or savoury treat from numerous bakeries...quite good frankly.

Jednostavne kremšnite | Dobar tek!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom