Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig didn't want to make breakfast and I'm pretty limited past few days due to a major arthritis flare, so we looked for new places to pick up breakfast. Decided to get something from Tropical Smoothie Cafe, a nationwide chain apparently. I got a peanut butter, banana, granola taco and craig got an eggs, grilled chicken, pepperjack, tomatoes, spinach & chipotle mayo wrap. They were both pretty good. Since we had never gotten anything from there before, I also ordered their 3 cheese quesadilla with roasted tomato salsa as a backup. Guess we'll be having that for lunch since we were satisfied with our breakfasts.

My taco

Craig didn't want to make breakfast and I'm pretty limited past few days due to a major arthritis flare, so we looked for new places to pick up breakfast. Decided to get something from Tropical Smoothie Cafe, a nationwide chain apparently. I got a peanut butter, banana, granola taco and craig got an eggs, grilled chicken, pepperjack, tomatoes, spinach & chipotle mayo wrap. They were both pretty good. Since we had never gotten anything from there before, I also ordered their 3 cheese quesadilla with roasted tomato salsa as a backup. Guess we'll be having that for lunch since we were satisfied with our breakfasts.

My taco
View attachment 62926
It is so nice to have diversity,even in breakfasts. Looks very appetizing.
So sorry for your arthritis. How do you relieve the discomfort?

No meds? Are you seeing a rheumatologist (assuming it's RA and not the standard stuff)?
It's not RA, just the usual osteo. I do have prescription meds, but not enough to get rid of pain completely. That requires narcotics, which my doc used to give me for flares . 30 pills would last me for 90 days or longer usually, but then the crack down came because of the people who couldn't control themselves, so now nobody wants to prescribe them unless you have a terminal disease or for short-term injury or surgical pain because they are afraid of being investigated.

Toasted rye bread, smeared with butter and feta cheese on top. Coffee with milk.
Yet another travel+work day.
Same destination as yesterday, a different competition category.
By bus this time.

The destination is a small city Marija Bistrica, a famous catholic pilgrimage destination.
Hilly Zagorje region, nice people.

Nice traditional Licitar. Really hard honey dough biscuits coloured and inscribed.
Various shapes, heart being most common.
The one I got for kid says in Kaj dialect: It is so good to have you.

I was still feeling vacc fatigue, plzs road sick...hope for an easier day today.🍀

My breakfast this morning was scrambled eggs and a banana, with my coffee.

full.jpg

The scrambled eggs included scallions, Serrano pepper, tomato, sweet basil and a bit of half n half with 3 eggs.

It's not RA, just the usual osteo. I do have prescription meds, but not enough to get rid of pain completely. That requires narcotics, which my doc used to give me for flares . 30 pills would last me for 90 days or longer usually, but then the crack down came because of the people who couldn't control themselves, so now nobody wants to prescribe them unless you have a terminal disease or for short-term injury or surgical pain because they are afraid of being investigated.

My back went looney this week, and I can't take ibuprofen, so my sister the RN told me to try Voltaren Gel, which is an arthritis gel. It works pretty well for a few hours. Not perfect, but a lot better than nothing.

CD

Today, my breakfast was Jimmy Dean sausage, egg and cheese biscuits, a granola bar and coffee, sweetened with amaretto.

full.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom