Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an appointment up north at the Palo Alto VA Hospital for a test and skipped breakfast at home. I arrived there early to beat the San Francisco Bay Area rush hour traffic and stopped in the coffee shop, which although not allowed to call themselves a Starbuck's, it basically is just that.

I had a venti chocolate macchiato.

full.jpg

For those members not familiar with Starbuck's and the term venti, Starbucks is one of the most popular coffee restaurants in the US and venti is their largest size for a coffee drink. I forget what the other sizes are named. I always go for the venti.

An hour later, the hospital cafeteria opened at 7:00am. I had an 'everything' omelette with 3 slices of bacon and hash browns, plus an orange juice.

20210519_070926.jpg

This is the first restaurant food I have ordered since the pandemic lock downs started over a year ago.

Here's a look around the VA Palo Alto Hospital cafeteria ...

20210519_070228.jpg

20210519_070444(1).jpg

Sushi anybody?

20210519_070238(1).jpg

Wasn't up for taking a photo, but:

I heated up some avocado oil on a skillet, added a small package of broken-up oyster mushrooms, let them simmer a bit, added about 6 chopped ramp bulbs and stems. Let those simmer a bit.

Tossed in a package of leaf spinach, plus the leaves of the aforementioned ramps. Stir.

Simmered that down JUST to where the spinach turned into "barely there", and added ground pepper, and mixed a bit further.

Served. Very good!

I don't always use the expected in order to break my morning fasts!

That hair...she's thrilled over it. I've never known her to be happy about it, it's crazy hair.

It did take her 58 years to find a place that specializes in super-frizzy hair, but she's convinced after one visit.
I have Robert Plant hair if I let it air dry naturally and don't do anything else to it. I have to use serums and blow it straight, then use a hot hair iron to straighten it and get the frizzies out.

Edited to add pics:

Last edited:
This morning's breakfast was two breakfast burritos topped with guacamole, sour cream and habanero salsa.

full.jpg

Inside, the burritos contained 3 eggs, bacon, Anaheim pepper, onion and cheese blend.

Breakfast this morning was Jimmy Dean sausage, egg and cheese biscuits, a banana and coffee.

full.jpg

Breakfast out:

This is one of the worst meals we've ever had. Get up and leave in the middle of it bad. That bad.

Sad, really, because they used to be excellent, and they were always on our list of breakfast places when we'd visit. No longer.

Breakfast out:
View attachment 64351

View attachment 64352

View attachment 64353

View attachment 64354

View attachment 64355

View attachment 64356

This is one of the worst meals we've ever had. Get up and leave in the middle of it bad. That bad.

Sad, really, because they used to be excellent, and they were always on our list of breakfast places when we'd visit. No longer.

If that is supposed to be scrambled eggs in the 4th photo its one of the worst cooked I've ever seen - and the worst plated.

And what is the white stuff underneath it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom