Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is supposed to be scrambled eggs in the 4th photo its one of the worst cooked I've ever seen - and the worst plated.

And what is the white stuff underneath it?
Right on both counts! :laugh:

That's the "strawpile" - a biscuit (not a cookie), sausage gravy, fried potatoes, and scrambled egg.

I can tell you - everything was from frozen and just heated up. Nothing was cooked in the kitchen. It was a bad hotel breakfast bar meal.

The restaurant is part of a big farm operation, and strawberries are available now, and they're very good, grown right there, and that strawberry French toast with "fresh strawberries" - one fresh strawberry, cut up as a garnish, and the rest was thawed frozen strawberries in that sugary gel garbage.

Restaurants are all blaming Covid - "We can't pay for staff and we have to cut costs," but that was crazy. Last time we ate here, a few years ago, their menu just for breakfast was about six pages of two columns each, but now it's that single card of pre-fab food.

What's worse, they have touchless payment by scanning a QR code on the receipt, and had I not been paying attention, I would have paid the default tip...of 25%.

I have Robert Plant hair if I let it air dry naturally and don't do anything else to it. I have to use serums and blow it straight, then use a hot hair iron to straighten it and get the frizzies out.

Edited to add pics:
View attachment 64046
View attachment 64047
Here's my wife's - and that's with something in it to unkink it:

Breakfast out:
View attachment 64351

View attachment 64352

View attachment 64353

View attachment 64354

View attachment 64355

View attachment 64356

This is one of the worst meals we've ever had. Get up and leave in the middle of it bad. That bad.

Sad, really, because they used to be excellent, and they were always on our list of breakfast places when we'd visit. No longer.
1622319161368.png

I found it interesting that the kids' menu is just underneath the morning cocktails menu...because if you are a parent taking young kids to breakfast, you might need a cocktail or 3. And if eating the adult breakfast, better have 3 before you order so that you don't notice when the food arrives how awful it is :laugh:

My breakfast this morning was bacon and eggs sunny side up. The meal included fried potato chips and fancy mushrooms, morels, chantrelles and black truffles. These were cooked with scallion and Soranno pepper.

full.jpg

Hmm... I wouldn't be happy with that. The eggs look overcooked, the bacon has rather unpleasant looking fatty bits on it and the plating is not at all attractive. Your plating at home always looks attractive. If I'm paying I'd expect a bit more effort. I'm a harsh critic of restaurant food.
Yeah, it's not pretty. But we Americans are often pretty forgiving of fare served at breakfast joints in the US, as long as it tastes good we don't care so much about presentation and I think they did a nice job on the hashbrowns, good and crispy. I would be ticked off at those eggs, though.

I remember eating at IHOP (International House of Pancakes) once where I ordered eggs over easy and they were well-done like that. I showed the server and she had the cook make them again, they came out the same way, not a tad bit of runny yolk. I asked for the manager and showed her the eggs, explaining that this was the second time I asked for over easy, but look at these eggs on my plate. I was good-natured about it, even though my husband had finished his omelet way before I ate my eggs. She went back in the kitchen and made the eggs herself and they came out perfect, and of course she did not charge us for our food, just the coffee and juice. I thought that was fair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom