Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... I wouldn't be happy with that. The eggs look overcooked, the bacon has rather unpleasant looking fatty bits on it and the plating is not at all attractive. Your plating at home always looks attractive. If I'm paying I'd expect a bit more effort. I'm a harsh critic of restaurant food.

Huddle House is not "fine dining." I've not been to a Huddle House, but have heard it is similar to Waffle House down South. The food isn't pretty, but as my ex-FIL would say, "it eat's good."

CD

Huddle House is not "fine dining." I've not been to a Huddle House, but have heard it is similar to Waffle House down South. The food isn't pretty, but as my ex-FIL would say, "it eat's good."

CD
Huddle House is a step above the "Awful Waffle" as we called Waffle House in Florida. I think Huddle House is more like a cross between a Denny's and a Waffle House. I used to love going to Waffle House at 4 a.m. and getting scrambled eggs with cheese, whole wheat toast, and scattered crispy hashbrowns. That was my favorite thing on the menu. We got a Waffle House in Akron about 10 years ago. I ate there when it first opened, but it just wasn't the same as I remember.

Hmm... I wouldn't be happy with that. The eggs look overcooked, the bacon has rather unpleasant looking fatty bits on it and the plating is not at all attractive. Your plating at home always looks attractive. If I'm paying I'd expect a bit more effort. I'm a harsh critic of restaurant food.
You're probably looking at my wife's eggs - they were just as she ordered them, as were mine, so they arrived as expected.

The hashbrowns were perfect. Too many diners cook them too fast and they're burnt on the outside and cold in the middle.

I was also very happy with the ham, which isn't your typical Easter ham - this was salt-cured ham...salty and almost the texture of jerky.

The bacon was the only thing that was off...the cook needs a bacon press. :laugh:

The "toast" was wonderful, too, because it wasn't toast - it was griddle-fried bread.

As to the plating, for perspective...remember the old Little Chef restaurants there? Now, would you expect food styling from a typical Little Chef? At a roadside truck stop/diner place, "plating" means it made it on the plate. :)

You're probably looking at my wife's eggs - they were just as she ordered them, as were mine, so they arrived as expected.

The hashbrowns were perfect. Too many diners cook them too fast and they're burnt on the outside and cold in the middle.

I was also very happy with the ham, which isn't your typical Easter ham - this was salt-cured ham...salty and almost the texture of jerky.

The bacon was the only thing that was off...the cook needs a bacon press. :laugh:

The "toast" was wonderful, too, because it wasn't toast - it was griddle-fried bread.

As to the plating, for perspective...remember the old Little Chef restaurants there? Now, would you expect food styling from a typical Little Chef? At a roadside truck stop/diner place, "plating" means it made it on the plate. :)
TR, well-done fried eggs is almost as offensive as a well-done steak. Not quite, but almost. That must be painful to watch your wife eat her eggs.

TR, well-done fried eggs is almost as offensive as a well-done steak. Not quite, but almost. That must be painful to watch your wife eat her eggs.
Actually, no. I like eggs so much that I'll eat them every which way and from nearly raw to nearly burnt. Depending on my mood, I'll get them sunny side up one meal and over hard yolk broken the next meal.

Actually, no. I like eggs so much that I'll eat them every which way and from nearly raw to nearly burnt. Depending on my mood, I'll get them sunny side up one meal and over hard yolk broken the next meal.
I'll add to that that I'm the only one, from my folks on down to my five siblings, who'll eat a fried egg with a runny yolk, except for one brother.

I can't even send pics of runny eggs to most of the folks in my family because it makes them sick to their stomachs.

I'll add to that that I'm the only one, from my folks on down to my five siblings, who'll eat a fried egg with a runny yolk, except for one brother.

I can't even send pics of runny eggs to most of the folks in my family because it makes them sick to their stomachs.
I cook all my eggs runny yolk, I love eggy chips. I cooked 14 a few days ago, all poached, all exactly the same, runny yolk, no one asked for them differently. Then the next night we had fried eggs with runny yolks. I would slap someone that offered me "over" eggs. :)

Russ

I cook all my eggs runny yolk, I love eggy chips. I cooked 14 a few days ago, all poached, all exactly the same, runny yolk, no one asked for them differently. Then the next night we had fried eggs with runny yolks. I would slap someone that offered me "over" eggs. :)

Russ
I'm on another forum that's not cooking-related, but has a single sub-forum for dining topics, and people post pics of their meals there.

I posted runny eggs over a few weeks, and the mod PM'd me and asked that I not do that, if it didn't mind, that it upset her seeing runny yolks.

Mine in the pic above were plenty runny, I just hadn't poked them yet. I think it's actually on the menu that their over-light eggs (which is what I ordered) have runny whites and yolks, and mine were definitely that. I doubt they were on the second side for more than five seconds.

I think it's actually on the menu that their over-light eggs (which is what I ordered) have runny whites and yolks, and mine were definitely that. I doubt they were on the second side for more than five seconds.
Oh no, I can't abide by runny whites. Your eggs looked properly cooked.

I'm on another forum that's not cooking-related, but has a single sub-forum for dining topics, and people post pics of their meals there.

I posted runny eggs over a few weeks, and the mod PM'd me and asked that I not do that, if it didn't mind, that it upset her seeing runny yolks.

Mine in the pic above were plenty runny, I just hadn't poked them yet. I think it's actually on the menu that their over-light eggs (which is what I ordered) have runny whites and yolks, and mine were definitely that. I doubt they were on the second side for more than five seconds.

I cover mine when frying to set the White, it is just set when I serve it. I'm a bit anal about the White being set. Russ

Oh no, I can't abide by runny whites. Your eggs looked properly cooked.
There were some wisps of white in there. I don't prefer that, but I can live with it. Probably my two least favorite things with fried eggs - runny white and brown, crispy edges.

I'll still eat them, though. They're eggs! :laugh:

This reminds me of a debate I have with my wife about what somebody's favorite food is..I have to say I eat eggs more than any other food..I probably eat them 2-3 times a week...so, are they my favorite? It probably wouldn't be my answer, but I do eat them more than anything else..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom