Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 39279

Korean pancakes are the best breakfast material ever. The best type of pancakes. This one is seafood and kimchi flavor
Yum. I’ve had a go at making kimchi pancake at home and found that I preferred it a bit more cooked than the recipe I found - are yours crispy at all?

would love to know more about them.

Ive been staying in an area of Sydney with a big Korean pop and have been recreating what I can at home - of course I had to go out and buy a charcoal bbq first as here in Australia the trend for the last 20 years or so is BBQ’s that run on bottled LPG. Which is pointless really as you lose the smoke.

Bre-egg-fast this morning. Boiled eggs with watercress and mayo on a fresh baked roll.

Why does everyone's scrambled egg look overcooked to me? I really must post a decent photo of how mine looks - which will probably look undercooked to everyone else! Tomorrow...
Personal differences, probably. American scrambled eggs, in general, are cooked a bit more done than British. I've read that somewhere.

You ever have traditional French scrambled eggs? The consistency is not unlike a bowl of custard to me. Virtually no curd whatsoever. Just regional/cultural differences.

There's a nice little video somewhere of Jacques Pepin showing how to make three different styles of omelettes. He continually implores, almost demands, the viewer to remember that no one way is correct or better than the other, that they are just different. I think the same applies to scrambled eggs (and just about anything else :laugh:.

Personal differences, probably. American scrambled eggs, in general, are cooked a bit more done than British. I've read that somewhere.

You ever have traditional French scrambled eggs? The consistency is not unlike a bowl of custard to me. Virtually no curd whatsoever. Just regional/cultural differences.

There's a nice little video somewhere of Jacques Pepin showing how to make three different styles of omelettes. He continually implores, almost demands, the viewer to remember that no one way is correct or better than the other, that they are just different. I think the same applies to scrambled eggs (and just about anything else :laugh:.

I know where morning glory is coming from, I think I cook much the same as hers, slightly not quite cooked but by the time it's plated with bacon it's perfect. My wife even comments how perfect I get them. Free range also gives a darker than pale colour. I'll take a pic next time.

Russ

I'm not sure how they are made. Would you care to post a recipe?
I love to follow --> Kimchijeon recipe - Maangchi.com [I feel as though her recipes are the best to my tastebuds]

The basic recipe is
Mix all of these ingredients together and cook it on a skillet!
  • ½ pound well-fermented napa cabbage kimchi, chopped into small pieces, plus 2 tablespoons of the brine
  • 3 scallions, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • ½ cup all-purpose flour
  • ½ cup water

Yum. I’ve had a go at making kimchi pancake at home and found that I preferred it a bit more cooked than the recipe I found - are yours crispy at all?

would love to know more about them.

Ive been staying in an area of Sydney with a big Korean pop and have been recreating what I can at home - of course I had to go out and buy a charcoal bbq first as here in Australia the trend for the last 20 years or so is BBQ’s that run on bottled LPG. Which is pointless really as you lose the smoke.
I feel the pain for Korean pancakes that arent crispy! Unfortunately, I used a nonstick pan for this pancake so it did not become really crispy. I think the crips depends on how much water/flour you put into the recipe. For cooking wise, my parents always flipped the pancake once and did not bother it too much until one side of the pancake was crispy. There used a good amount of oil as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom