Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was Lox and not Ham in

Thanks - you just microwave on high. What I can't remember is if I microwaved it in short bursts, whisking in between or if it was one burst. Its very fast. My notes say 25 seconds. According to my notes, I made it with 1 egg yolk, 40g butter & a drop of wine vinegar. I need to test the method again tomorrow and then I'll write it up.

I think I also added truffle oil.
Please do, i would love to give it a try. In my head i can just see it overcooking and having bits of cooked egg in it but i would love to be proved wrong!

Please do, i would love to give it a try. In my head i can just see it overcooking and having bits of cooked egg in it but i would love to be proved wrong!

I will try tomorrow with photos of the stages. It may go wrong, but it was OK the one time I tried it. Trouble is my recipe notes are shorthand. That isn't a problem if I type them up shortly after making the recipe, but this is several months later so...

I've been experimenting and managed to waste 6 egg yolks in the process. However I did get results in the end. I'll post it up tomorrow.

I've been experimenting and managed to waste 6 egg yolks in the process. However I did get results in the end. I'll post it up tomorrow.
Oh dear! I have read of people bringing back hollandaise in a variety of ways once split but cant say that im a fan, i would always just start over. Looking forward to the recipe!

Not my brekky but wife's Saturday treat, scrambled and bacon.
Me, cup,of earl grey.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom