Show us your fridge!

Ciao,
I have little in fridge may be vino, cheese, milks, cream, burro an vegetables oh an very big bottle Grappa. On other side I have very big chest freezer this always pack with things. Most things I use in cupboards dry goods, preserves, large jars of Olive, vine leaf.

Sarana x

Just us 2. Our local pub has opened for take away only and are starting to supply kegs and bottles, TVC is a very happy bunny because he is getting his favourite beer :thumbsup:
Very lucky indeed. I'm not aware of any pubs open for takeaway in our part of the world.

If I can't find in 10 secs, someone has to go looking.
My cabinets, drawers, and fridge/freezer are fairly well-organized because if I'm in the middle of cooking and suddenly realize I need this spoon or that spice, I want to be able to lay my hands on it in an instant, and if I can't, very bad words can be heard coming from the kitchen. 😬

I also hate having to dig for something, even if I know where it is. If I have to move something to get to something else, that goes down in my mind as a spot that needs some kind of reorganization or a special rack to raise items in the back of the cabinet to make them visible/reachable. I've always said, if I could have one thing in my kitchen, it'd be a magic cabinet that, when I stuck my hand it, whatever I wanted would be right there.

My cabinets, drawers, and fridge/freezer are fairly well-organized because if I'm in the middle of cooking and suddenly realize I need this spoon or that spice, I want to be able to lay my hands on it in an instant, and if I can't, very bad words can be heard coming from the kitchen. 😬

I also hate having to dig for something, even if I know where it is. If I have to move something to get to something else, that goes down in my mind as a spot that needs some kind of reorganization or a special rack to raise items in the back of the cabinet to make them visible/reachable. I've always said, if I could have one thing in my kitchen, it'd be a magic cabinet that, when I stuck my hand it, whatever I wanted would be right there.

They have medications for that, ya' know.

CD

To be fair, mines normally set out and I know where stuff is. Now factor in a daughter who cooks and her son. Stuff is anywhere? My home made raspberry jam, normally top right on the top shelf. Two days ago. Bottom shelf at the back behind yoghurts. Daughter should be gone in a week or so. Then back to finding spices straight away, not behind 10 others.

Russ

This was the mini-bar fridge in the hotel in Jakarta a few years ago.

How did it look when you checked out? :)

Don't ask silly questions!

It was somewhat embarrassing as there were not many booze outlets close to the hotel so I needed to hire a taxi to purchase 24 can slabs from about 5 km away. I could only sensibly carry two slabs and at the time there was security on the entrance to the hotel that I was required to pass through. And it was always the same guy! Whether he was surprised that I was bringing in 2 slabs every three days I don't know.

How did it look when you checked out? :)

Whenever I was travelling (which was quite a lot) I refused to drink the extortionately priced beer supplied in the minibar so located a local shop to stock up (replacing the overpriced hotel offerings). If there was any left on check out (rare) it would be transferred to my hand luggage and consumed in the airport (another rip off joint).

Whenever I was travelling (which was quite a lot) I refused to drink the extortionately priced beer supplied in the minibar so located a local shop to stock up (replacing the overpriced hotel offerings). If there was any left on check out (rare) it would be transferred to my hand luggage and consumed in the airport (another rip off joint).

The first time I went to Singapore (94?) it was a very muggy day. We went onto,the rooftop pool for a swim to cool down. Then a waiter came around and I ordered a jug of beer. (1 litre) and a drink for my wife.the jug was something like $25 nz when it was about $5 here. I said to the waiter, for that price I'm taking the jug. And I did. My son has it now. My air ticket included a free breakfast at raffles included. The orange juice was the best I've ever had, I ordered another, from memory it was about $15nz . Crazy mark ups.

Russ

When I first checked in to The Shangri-La in Kuala Lumpur in '94 I removed all the minibar contents and replaced them with my own purchases. The following day I asked the attendant to take away the old contents and not bring any replacements in future.

Three months later when I checked out, the first item on the list was the full stock of a minibar. There must have been a change of shift the day following that when I arrived.

It was all sorted quite quickly.

When I first checked in to The Shangri-La in Kuala Lumpur in '94 I removed all the minibar contents and replaced them with my own purchases. The following day I asked the attendant to take away the old contents and not bring any replacements in future.

Three months later when I checked out, the first item on the list was the full stock of a minibar. There must have been a change of shift the day following that when I arrived.

It was all sorted quite quickly.

However, there was another discrepancy on the bill. According to my long term deal one of the discounts was 15% off my beer bills (except for happy hour which was half price anyway). The cashier had not allowed any discount on my beer bills. She said that she would sort it, I had 10 hours before my flight anyway. I was holed up in the bar when she brought the revised bill. She said that there was no way that she could easily determine which were and which were not "happy hour" beers so she'd discounted the lot. I didn't complain.

Back
Top Bottom