Show us your fridge!

After the fridge/freezer was installed, my wife wrapped the handles with small hand towels tied on with string to prevent bacteria on the handles. "There must be something better than that", I thought.

Checked the internet and found these mail order from China. They were $2.00 each so I ordered 4. Actually they were $2.00/pair so I received 8!

Here's mine. Yes there's ketuchup packets in the fridge, boyfriend put them there and I didn't question him, though my pantry is much smaller than the fridge, there's more room for the ketchup in the fridge :laugh:
1626533244481.png

View attachment 32433
The above is what's atop my fridge. Weird metal sculpture my crazy but wonderful brother sent me, a useful soapstone mortar and pestle, and a functional reproduction coffee grinder.

And then we get into the fridge itself. (I have a bottom freezer fridge, and I have two stand alone freezers). Right now I'll just post the fridge. I even decided not to pretty it up for the occasion - this is what it looks like right now:

Fridge door: butter, cheeses, LOADS of Asian sauces, near and far East, a dressing, some boxed broth. That wrapped thing on the bottom shelf is green onions/scallions. There's buttermilk, too.
View attachment 32434

Interior of fridge: I store batteries in the lower section left of the fridge. You'll notice lots of eggs ... I store mine outside on the counter but the ones I sell here in the US have to be refrigerated. Silly rule if you know what you are doing. The pot has leftover soup which will go at lunchtime. More condiments and veggies. Lovely mushrooms on upper left.
View attachment 32435

The little thingy on top with the fork & knife looks like a monster waiting to devour some food. Hah!! Where did you get it? Cute!!

They are preserves so should not need to be in the fridge. I've yet to find either going bad in the last (gulp) 45 years. But its up to you of course.
You have mustard and capers that are 45 years old? :laugh:

Just kidding, of course.

I think with me it's just easier to keep track of what's been opened and what has not. It's not me, of course, I pretty much know what's in the pantry and frig at all times, but hubby would be looking in the pantry for something and just decide to open a jar or container. If I keep it in the refrigerator, he is now trained to look there first before opening up something out of the pantry--not that he always sees what's right in front of his face, of course :laugh:.

Last edited:
I think with me it's just easier to keep track of what's been opened and what has not.

I simply don't have fridge room for preserved things anyway. I've lots of (opened) mustards, olives in jars, capers, gherkins etc. They would probably fill most of my fridge.

I simply don't have fridge room for preserved things anyway. I've lots of (opened) mustards, olives in jars, capers, gherkins etc. They would probably fill most of my fridge.
I've got the room in my refrigerator door for all of that. And hubby likes his condiments and preserved things chilled, so there's that...now I do like to take out mustard, ketchup, and pickles from the refrigerator for an hour before putting them on a burger to bring them to room temperature (not mayo of course) because if they are cold, the burger cools down too fast. That drives him crazy when I do that, even though I have pointed out that we aren't going to get sick from eating them at room temperature. He is convinced that bacteria is going to give us food poisoning. I have pointed out that at many restaurants they put ketchup and mustard bottles out on the tables and leave them there all day, but he said that's because they go through them in such large volume that they don't go bad. No arguing with him when he gets his mind set on something he believes to be true.

Back
Top Bottom