Show us your pet

I talked to my one year older brother for Christmas/New Years today and he sent me a picture of his 'girl friend', an Australian blue heeler or cattle dog, named Sarai.

I figure that SatNavSaysStraightOn and murphyscreek might enjoy this photo and know more about the breed than I do.

Blue healers are very loyal to one person, sometimes to the point that they are hostile to anyone who comes near their human. I found a lost one wandering through my neighborhood, and Psychopoodle befriended her, so she cam to me, and spent a night with me while I tracked down her owner. She wouldn't let anyone near ME, and she barely knew me.

CD

Last edited:
I talked to my one year older brother for Christmas/New Years today and he sent me a picture of his 'girl friend', an Australian blue heeler or cattle dog, named Sarai.

I figure that SatNavSaysStraightOn and murphyscreek might enjoy this photo and know more about the breed than I do.
My brother has raised heelers for decades, he's dedicated to them. He always has two at a time, because they generally do better in pairs.

Here's one of his current dogs, and she goes everywhere with him, without exception:

...and this is an earlier one, who would only let three people near her; my brother, my wife, and me:

I loved that one like my own, and it broke my heart when she died.

My brother has raised heelers for decades, he's dedicated to them. He always has two at a time, because they generally do better in pairs.

Here's one of his current dogs, and she goes everywhere with him, without exception:
View attachment 78177

...and this is an earlier one, who would only let three people near her; my brother, my wife, and me:

View attachment 78178
I loved that one like my own, and it broke my heart when she died.

Yup, like I said, they are very loyal to their humans. The lost one I took in only trusted me because of Teddy. Teddy is good at that. He has drawn a few other untrusting lost dogs into my yard. They seem to trust him, so they trust me, too.

CD

First xmas without sons golden retriever who was euthanized a few weeks ago with cancer. Kids really miss hogan. (Sons fave wrestler)

Russ
Yep, this is our first Christmas without Kate, and even though it's been very nearly a year ago, she's been mentioned every day here.

Yep, this is our first Christmas without Kate, and even though it's been very nearly a year ago, she's been mentioned every day here.
Son said vet was good, she came to his home and did it , kids all got to say good by. Week later got a bereavement card signed by surgery.
Hes cremated and spread over a park he used to go to all the time.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom