Show us your pet

Few weird ones are
Keas kakapo an kiwi to name a few.
Btw my kids call me dr dolittle as I throw food out the back for critters.

Russ

Russ
Tuatara reptiles have 3 eyes?

Kiwis are cute.

You're lucky no snakes!

Few weird ones are
Keas kakapo an kiwi to name a few.
Btw my kids call me dr dolittle as I throw food out the back for critters.

Russ

Russ
Our kids call my husband the squirrel whisperer.

My new ones...

Curly hair tarantula spiderling

Salmon Pink Bird Eater spiderling

I figured it was time I got 1 or 2 again.

We are about a month away from tarantula season here.

WD
We've got them, I found one in our garage!
I've never seen them with such long legs before either, and where we lived while this house was being built, they were all over the place, like LOADS of them. When we go down the driveway, if you ran over one, it made the most awful, loud CRUNCH!

Last edited:
We've got them, I found one in our garage!
I've seen them with such long legs before either, and where we lived while this house was being built, they were all over the place, like LOADS of them. When we go down the driveway, if you ran over one, it made the most awful, loud CRUNCH!
I wonder what they sound like when you fry them up and bite into one? :eek:

We have next to nothing interesting over here. Id love to be able to go out and see something good.
We have some tiny scorpions on the dock walls about 4 hours drive away but even they are a boring species.

We have next to nothing interesting over here. Id love to be able to go out and see something good.
We have some tiny scorpions on the dock walls about 4 hours drive away but even they are a boring species.

We don't have scorpions in North Texas, but Central Texas, around San Antonio, is crawling with them.

CD

A louder CRUNCH :D

In my yard and garage, I catch the tarantulas, and release them over in Brinkmann Ranch, a few blocks away. This keeps idiots from freaking out and killing them.

The males come out in August/September to mate, and they are beautiful creatures. The females stay hidden, and are very plain monochromatic tan/brown, if you do manage to see one.

Here is a male in my garage. He's about five inches leg tip to leg tip.

Tula-4.jpg

CD

Back
Top Bottom