Show us your pet

Oh, we have those too. But mostly, we have wasps. Lots of wasps. I got stung a few months ago. Lucky for me, I'm not allergic to their stings.

CD
Is there a difference between a wasp and a yellow jacket? I mean wasps that sting. I am allergic to their stings, and that makes me 'rather' paranoid around them. I hate wasp season.

Picked up daughter from airport 2 hrs ago. I asked eli (9) his favorite part of the trip.
He said squirrels lol. Hes fascinated with them

Russ
Stewie is about 5x the size of a squirrel and he's on the small side for a groundhog. They are related, both being rodents and vegetarians. They both like peanut butter sandwiches but the squirrels like nuts and seeds and he prefers grasses and some types of tree leaves.

We have next to nothing interesting over here. Id love to be able to go out and see something good.
We have some tiny scorpions on the dock walls about 4 hours drive away but even they are a boring species.
Whenever I'm outside in the nature, I'm so happy that we've nothing dangerous here as well.
The most stressing creatures we've got, are crows and their newborn spouse. When Youngs are starting to shout in the morning, it sounds like from the flying dinosaur from godzilla.

Whenever I'm outside in the nature, I'm so happy that we've nothing dangerous here as well.
The most stressing creatures we've got, are crows and their newborn spouse. When Youngs are starting to shout in the morning, it sounds like from the flying dinosaur from godzilla.
We have lots of dangerous critters in OH, such as black widow spiders, brown recluse spiders, and a variety of snakes (I think there are only a few poisonous ones in our area)--and that's just in peoples' yards. Over in the metro park about a 1/2 mile away a bear is spotted occasionally, plus raccoons (which also visit neighborhoods) are known to often have rabies.

I dislike crows as well. They steal the peanut butter sandwiches from the squirrels. But even worse, they are known to eat other birds eggs and baby squirrels when they are very small. I have never had to see that happen, thankfully, but I know that it does occur. Ah well, it's nature.

We have lots of dangerous critters in OH, such as black widow spiders, brown recluse spiders, and a variety of snakes (I think there are only a few poisonous ones in our area)--and that's just in peoples' yards. Over in the metro park about a 1/2 mile away a bear is spotted occasionally, plus raccoons (which also visit neighborhoods) are known to often have rabies.

I dislike crows as well. They steal the peanut butter sandwiches from the squirrels. But even worse, they are known to eat other birds eggs and baby squirrels when they are very small. I have never had to see that happen, thankfully, but I know that it does occur. Ah well, it's nature.
There are no such thing as poisonous snakes, they are venomous. :D Our largest cat is the Florida panther, Although we aren't sure if there are any true bloodlines left.

We have lots of dangerous critters in OH, such as black widow spiders, brown recluse spiders, and a variety of snakes (I think there are only a few poisonous ones in our area)--and that's just in peoples' yards. Over in the metro park about a 1/2 mile away a bear is spotted occasionally, plus raccoons (which also visit neighborhoods) are known to often have rabies
Venom is injected (bite or sting) whereas poison is contained throughout the body (as in throughout the entire skin or flesh). Hence something that is venomous can still be eaten if the head (or wherever the venom sac is stored) is removed intact. Something that's actually poisonous can't be eaten unless you can neutralise the poison first (such as by cooking it).

Venom is injected (bite or sting) whereas poison is contained throughout the body (as in throughout the entire skin or flesh). Hence something that is venomous can still be eaten if the head (or wherever the venom sac is stored) is removed intact. Something that's actually poisonous can't be eaten unless you can neutralise the poison first (such as by cooking it).

Rattlesnake is a novelty food in some parts of Texas.

CD

Our largest cat is the Florida panther, Although we aren't sure if there are any true bloodlines left.
Where I grew up in the panhandle I never saw any, even though we had a large swath of USAF property with miles of woods that I rode my horses in for many years. I saw a few bears, though. Definitely spooked the horses.

I realized that, It was just a poor choice of words. Since I don't eat them, I didn't think of it like that.

Back
Top Bottom