Recipe Shrimp and Cream Pasta

ElizabethB

Guru
Local time
4:39 PM
Shrimp and Cream Pasta

20240131_203946.jpg

INGREDIENTS

1 LB. head off, shell on medium shrimp. Peel, butterfly and devein.
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 cloves garlic minced
3 TBSP tomato paste dissolved in 3/4 cup dry white wine
1 cup heavy cream
1 LB pasta (I think Fettuccini would work very well. I used Penne because I was out of Fettuccini)
4 TBSP chopped fresh parsley
Salt
Fresh ground pepper
Parmesan Reggiano for serving

METHOD

. Peel the shrimp. Rinse well in cold water. Drain the water, pat dry, butterfly and devein.
. Cook the pasta in salted water 2 or 3 minutes less than package recommendation. Drain when done.
. While the pasta cooks add oil and garlic to a sauté pan on medium heat. Cook until the garlic begins to turn light gold. Add all of the wine, tomato paste mixture. Reduce heat to medium low. Stir frequently and cook 10 minutes.
. Add the shrimp. Stir to coat the shrimp completely. Remove from the heat. Use a slotted spoon to remove 1/2 of the shrimp. Transfer to a food processer. Pulse several times to puree. Return pureed shrimp to the pan. Put the pan on medium heat and add cream. Cook to thicken cream. Add salt and a generous amount of fresh ground pepper.
. Add pasta to sauce. Toss, toss, toss. Add Parsley and toss again. Taste for salt and pepper. Adjust of needed.
. Plate and add Parmesan Regianno

Shrimp and Cream Pasta

View attachment 109733

INGREDIENTS

1 LB. head off, shell on medium shrimp. Peel, butterfly and devein.
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 cloves garlic minced
3 TBSP tomato paste dissolved in 3/4 cup dry white wine
1 cup heavy cream
1 LB pasta (I think Fettuccini would work very well. I used Penne because I was out of Fettuccini)
4 TBSP chopped fresh parsley
Salt
Fresh ground pepper
Parmesan Reggiano for serving

METHOD

. Peel the shrimp. Rinse well in cold water. Drain the water, pat dry, butterfly and devein.
. Cook the pasta in salted water 2 or 3 minutes less than package recommendation. Drain when done.
. While the pasta cooks add oil and garlic to a sauté pan on medium heat. Cook until the garlic begins to turn light gold. Add all of the wine, tomato paste mixture. Reduce heat to medium low. Stir frequently and cook 10 minutes.
. Add the shrimp. Stir to coat the shrimp completely. Remove from the heat. Use a slotted spoon to remove 1/2 of the shrimp. Transfer to a food processer. Pulse several times to puree. Return pureed shrimp to the pan. Put the pan on medium heat and add cream. Cook to thicken cream. Add salt and a generous amount of fresh ground pepper.
. Add pasta to sauce. Toss, toss, toss. Add Parsley and toss again. Taste for salt and pepper. Adjust of needed.
. Plate and add Parmesan Regianno

That sounds gorgeous and it would be on my list of to dos.
Copied and saved.
Thanks a lot.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom