Small Kitchen Reno: Making Progress

Very cool Dude!
I love the lights under the cabinets, its really great to be able to see your work area when you're prepping ingredients etc WITHOUT the lights being in your eyes or causing glare elsewhere. I have them too and sometimes in the mornings I turn on just those (not the overheads) when I'm making morning coffee so its easier on bleary eyes.

Your gumball light is so inventive. Love it.
Your style is not my style. What I admire is that you stayed true to yourself and created a unique, functional, personal space. I love it!
Thanks! I know it's not for everyone, and that's ok. I enjoy it. The blue is a tribute to my mom and our old kitchen back home on Bermuda. Not that I need a reminder to think of her, but it's some of the proceeds from her estate that have offset the costs for me, so thanks mom!

Very cool Dude!
I love the lights under the cabinets, its really great to be able to see your work area when you're prepping ingredients etc WITHOUT the lights being in your eyes or causing glare elsewhere. I have them too and sometimes in the mornings I turn on just those (not the overheads) when I'm making morning coffee so its easier on bleary eyes.
I'm pleased with how clean I did the install if I can toot my own horn for a sec. I wish I had done them ages ago.

I have them on timers and different modes. So at night (bed time) they go to a very dim blue, Daytime a warm white and evening/night time a cooler whiter white light.

Recessed LED wafer lights go in tomorrow!

New range is in. Stainless just got a bead of caul in the corner then things can get a good wipe down.

I'm pleased with how clean I did the install if I can toot my own horn for a sec. I wish I had done them ages ago.

I have them on timers and different modes. So at night (bed time) they go to a very dim blue, Daytime a warm white and evening/night time a cooler whiter white light.

Recessed LED wafer lights go in tomorrow!

My under-cabinet lights are halogen. I want to replace them with LED for lower energy use and less heat. It wouldn't take more than an hour, I just need to get that illusive motivation.

CD

If you need any links to what I used, happy to provide. Very easy to set up and the only hard-ish part is getting the connectors for the spans between the cabinets just right.

Cabinets are not that hard to install, as long as your walls and floors are straight and square -- at least enough to use shims. If you have to scribe the cabinets, that takes some sawing skills, and patience.

CD

Cabinets are not that hard to install, as long as your walls and floors are straight and square -- at least enough to use shims. If you have to scribe the cabinets, that takes some sawing skills, and patience.

CD
I was more referring to the 5 pin connectors that have to line up just right with the RGBW+ ribbon lights, and the ribbon wire. A bit fiddly for sausage meat mitt hands like myself. Knowing what I know now, it's a breeze but it didn't start that way. Words were said.

I was more referring to the 5 pin connectors that have to line up just right with the RGBW+ ribbon lights, and the ribbon wire. A bit fiddly for sausage meat mitt hands like myself. Knowing what I know now, it's a breeze but it didn't start that way. Words were said.

Ah, I read too fast. My under-cabinet lights are the small "puck" lights. They are very easy to wire.

CD

Recessed lighting is in, and what a MASSIVE improvement. No more shadows when working. They're on a dimmer which is a huge plus for me. I like that I could also choose the temperature of the light. This should help in photographing my food projects when I get back to them

Also got my knives in. They look great on the magnet bar but won't be just for eye candy, they WILL get used. Stoked to have a proper Nakiri back in the mix, one of my faves.

Recessed lighting is in, and what a MASSIVE improvement. No more shadows when working. They're on a dimmer which is a huge plus for me. I like that I could also choose the temperature of the light. This should help in photographing my food projects when I get back to them

View attachment 81050

View attachment 81051
Also got my knives in. They look great on the magnet bar but won't be just for eye candy, they WILL get used. Stoked to have a proper Nakiri back in the mix, one of my faves.

View attachment 81052
View attachment 81053

View attachment 81054

Looks like you'll be doing some serious baking, now that you've rehabbed the kitchen!! May I suggest getting one of THESE?!! Hah!!

FINALLY got appliances in last Friday. Had to re-install a couple of things and change out the microwave for a zero clearance on, but for all intents and purposes it is done. . . for now.

Backsplash is in, all stainless is in, all lighting is in. Shelves are in on the butcher block station, peg board is loaded up with tools.

The next kitchen thing is, I'm opening up the existing pass to a LARGER opening and going to add a counter for a breakfast bar with 2 30inch stools and pendant lights. Will update as that gets going.

Back
Top Bottom