Small Kitchen Reno: Making Progress

Bump

Going to be starting this project in the not too distant future. All mocked up this morning, the wall will be opened up to the ceiling, then a 64 inch breakfast bar will be done. Was debating on carrying over the butcher block to this are but have decided to just go with the quartz that I've done in the kitchen. The wall will then get fresh paint and debating on something to finish it off, like carrying the flooring right up under the bar, OR tiling the wall? Still plenty of time to figure that out, just want somehting there so that the wall isn't getting kicked/scuffed when sitting there.

wall project.jpg

Bump

Going to be starting this project in the not too distant future. All mocked up this morning, the wall will be opened up to the ceiling, then a 64 inch breakfast bar will be done. Was debating on carrying over the butcher block to this are but have decided to just go with the quartz that I've done in the kitchen. The wall will then get fresh paint and debating on something to finish it off, like carrying the flooring right up under the bar, OR tiling the wall? Still plenty of time to figure that out, just want somehting there so that the wall isn't getting kicked/scuffed when sitting there.

View attachment 87816
We put wainscoting underneath our counter bar that separates the kitchen from the dining room. One of these days we will get around to putting a gloss coat on it. They have all different kinds, metal, different colored woods, etc. Just a thought.

Please excuse any dust or lint you see on my barstools, LOL! They haven't been getting a lot of use lately and I have neglected to dust and polish them...

We put wainscoting underneath our counter bar that separates the kitchen from the dining room. One of these days we will get around to putting a gloss coat on it. They have all different kinds, metal, different colored woods, etc. Just a thought.

Please excuse any dust or lint you see on my barstools, LOL! They haven't been getting a lot of use lately and I have neglected to dust and polish them...
Yes, the future Mrs.Dude has mentioned this as well! I'm personally a little on the fence as my condo is pretty contemporary, but I'm open to other materials. I have it all along my office at the beach where it fits in with the overall aesthetic really well.
I like those stools, looks like a nice big sturdy seat!

Yes, the future Mrs.Dude has mentioned this as well! I'm personally a little on the fence as my condo is pretty contemporary, but I'm open to other materials. I have it all along my office at the beach where it fits in with the overall aesthetic really well.
I like those stools, looks like a nice big sturdy seat!
Thanks! Yeah, they are really nice and sturdy, even FIL can sit on them comfortably. I got them online through Wayfair so hubby had minor assembly but didn't mind doing it. They match our cherry cabinets.

Yeah, I bet you can find some contemporary materials for the wainscoting fairly easily. Take a look online at Lowe's or Home Depot.

Back
Top Bottom