2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp brandy
100gms cream cheese
2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes

Method

Wash, thoroughly dry, and top and tail snow peas. Combine in a bowl with oil, salt, pepper, and chilli. Place on a wire rack making sure there's plenty of room underneath for air flow. Place in to 80 degree ccelsius oven for around 4 hours. Make sure oven door is open a little (I used a wad of scrunched up tin foil to hold mine open). Turn oven down to 50 degree celsius, and roast another 2-3 hours. Turn heat off, but leave chips in oven (still with door ajar) another hour.

For pate, melt butter with olive oil in a frypan. Add onion, garlic, and thyme and saute a few minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for a while longer till mushrooms start colouring. Add seasoning, including ground sage, and brandy and continue cooking and stirring occasionally until most the liquid is absorbed or evaporated. When coole, place in a food processor along with nuts (cooled), cheese, and yeast flakes. Process until resembles the texture of pate. Place mixture in a suitable container(s) and refrigerate for a couple of hours.

There's two seperate recipe videos which I'll post below. The snow pea chips are a great beer snack in their own right. However, as crispy as they turn out....I need to point out they do not keep well and lose their crispiness by the next day.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR08qkZ72X0

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzjj64uAAqQ

Last edited:
However, as crispy as they turn out....I need to point out they do not keep well and lose their crispiness by the next day.
This looks amazing. I don’t think you have to worry about there being much left over after the first day. I could probably eat them in one sitting.
That's genius!
I totally agree. When I first saw the picture, I thought that you might have floured and deep fried them. But, this is better for a multitude of reasons. It’s healthier, of course, plus you can infuse the flavors you want better than a deep fry would have done. I am definitely going to give this a try.

Back
Top Bottom