Hemulen

Woof-woof
Local time
8:38 PM
Snow Pea Salad
tur_b.png

Serves 4 | Preparation 20 minutes

Ingredients
150 g (~400 ml) snow peas/sugar peas/mangetouts (Pisum sativum var. sacchratum)​
50 g (~90 ml) hazelnuts​
3 teaspoons ground turmeric (~1 small root)​
3 teaspoons minced garlic (3-4 cloves)​
1 heaped teaspoon lemongrass preserve/canned lemongrass (or 2 teaspoons minced, fresh lemongrass)​
0,5 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)​
0,5 teaspoon salt (or to taste)​
3-4 tablespoons macadamia nut oil​
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​
70-80 g (~600-700 ml) mixed sprouts/greens​
A pinch of finger salt​
Dressing
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar​
3 tablespoons ev olive oil​
3 teaspoons lemon juice​
1 teaspoon (maple) syrup or 1–1,5 teaspoons sugar​
1/4 teaspoon black pepper​
1/4 teaspoon salt​
Preparation

Rinse and trim the snow peas and cut them into small bits (thirds). Grate the turmeric and mince the garlic (and lemongrass, if fresh). Fry the snow peas, whole hazelnuts, ground turmeric, minced garlic, lemongrass and black pepper in macadamia nut oil on a frying pan/skillet on high heat for ~5 minutes until nicely browned. Set aside. Mix the dressing. Rinse the sprouts and mix them with the dressing. Array the fried pea mix on top and finish with a pinch of finger salt. Serve as a snack or as an accompaniment with e.g. smoked tofu or oven-baked tomatoes.

tur_a.png

tur_10.jpg

Last edited:
What a fascinating and delightful recipe. Your recipes never cease to take me on an adventure. So you can get fresh turmeric in Finland?
I wish we could here. I am sure it's in some specialty stores somewhere but I am pretty limited with my shopping these days with curbside only at my local grocery. But that dish does look very lovely and so inventive!

What a fascinating and delightful recipe. Your recipes never cease to take me on an adventure. So you can get fresh turmeric in Finland?
Yes, there's usually a couple of plastic-wrapped 50 gram packs of fresh turmeric (Finn. "kurkuma") in local hypermarkets. These organic roots are Peruvian, packed in Sweden.
20201218_151253.jpg

Back
Top Bottom