- 12 Mar 2016
- Local time
- 1:00 AM
(Picture taken from BBC Good Food Magasine)
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil and a bit extra for drizzling
- 300g any uncooked pasta of your choice
- 4 slices streaky bacon cut into strips
- 50g pine nuts
- 1(225 g) bag Baby Spinach (remove thick stalks)
1. Whilst cooking the pasta, grate the lemon zest and mix with the lemon juice and olive oil and season.
2. Fry the bacon (no oil should be necessary) until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the pine nuts to the pan with bacon and stir until lightly toasted.
4. Now drain the pasta and fold in the spinach allowing it to wilt in the heat.
5. Then stir in the lemon dressing, bacon and nuts and seasoning to taste (drizzle with oil and sprinkle with pepper).
Serve with crusty bread and a fresh salad but nothing to overpower the flavours of the dish.