Square (Cubed) Eggs

Yes. I posted a pic in a tomato slicer thread awhile back. (December?) I'm not a huge fan of hard boiled eggs, but occasionally will eat the hard boiled yolk. Thought the square egg slices over let's say chopped liver on a cracker would be a tasty idea. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
You mean how to cut a hard-boiled egg without messing the yolk? Easy - although I confess I have only tried it once (for the photo above) so perhaps I was lucky. I used a thread of cotton (as you would a wire cheese slice). Try it and see if it works for you.

Do you cut slightly into the white with a knife first to give the cotton a start?

I can do that with a knife. :wink:

I used to use a knife but usually got a messy yolk. I'd like to see how you do it with a knife without getting the yolk crumbling a bit and smearing onto the white part. Like this:

HardBoiled-Egg1280-1-640x360.jpg

I cut hard boiled eggs in half mainly for an accompaniment to an Indian curry or for egg tapas. For the tapas, it doesn't really matter as the yoke is completely removed and mashed with mayonnaise prior to returning it to the white.

I cut hard boiled eggs in half mainly for an accompaniment to an Indian curry or for egg tapas. For the tapas, it doesn't really matter as the yoke is completely removed and mashed with mayonnaise prior to returning it to the white.

The cotton trick would save you having to clean off the whites for tapas. Also - no knife to clean afterwards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom