2 teaspoons dill seeds​
1 teaspoon roasted onion flakes​
1 teaspoon savory (herb)​
1 teaspoon lovage​
~0,5 teaspoon salt​
~0,25 teaspoon black pepper​
~150 ml water​

Instructions

Grind the pistachios in a blender/mixer until powdered. Grate the grapefruit. Preheat a steam bed (steaming pot or a bamboo steamer). Make 3-4 cm wide, long (the width of the foil roll) 2-3 ply collars of foil. Tap dry and skin the fish fillets (if necessary). Cut the fillets into ~4–5 cm wide longitudinal slices, season with salt and pepper, roll up and wrap the pieces in foil collars. Steam the fish for 6-8 minutes (with the lid on), put aside and keep warm.

Melt 25 g butter in a skillet/frying pan on medium-high heat. Add two tablespoons of nut oil, the grapefruit zest, dill seeds, onion flakes, savory, lovage, powdered pistachios, salt and pepper. Mix and shallow-fry for a minute or two. Add water to form a soft paste.

Discard the foil and place the fish rolls on a plate. Add a pinch of pepper and serve with the pistachio paste. Accompany with e.g. oven-baked garlic potatoes and greens.

sii_a.png

sii_b.png

Last edited:
Steamed Whitefish With Pistachio Paste
View attachment 54187
Serves 2-3 | Preparation 15-20 min

Ingredients / Fish
450-500 g skinned European whitefish (or any white-fleshed fish) fillets​
~0,5 teaspoon salt​

Ingredients / Pistachio paste
70 g (~140 ml when finely ground) unsalted pistachios​
25 g (~1,5–2 tablespoons) butter​
2 tablespoons walnut oil or macadamia nut oil​
Finely grated zest of 1 pink grapefruit​
2 teaspoons dill seeds​
1 teaspoon roasted onion flakes​
1 teaspoon savory (herb)​
1 teaspoon lovage​
~0,5 teaspoon salt​
~150 ml water​

Instructions

Grind the pistachios in a blender/mixer until powdered. Grate the grapefruit. Preheat a steam bed (steaming pot or a bamboo steamer). Make 3-4 cm wide, long (the width of the foil roll) 2-3 ply collars of foil. Tap dry and skin the fish fillets (if necessary). Cut the fillets into ~4–5 cm wide longitudinal slices, season with salt and pepper, roll up and wrap the pieces in foil collars. Steam the fish for 6-8 minutes (with the lid on), put aside and keep warm.

Melt 25 g butter in a skillet/frying pan on medium-high heat. Add two tablespoons of nut oil, the grapefruit zest, dill seeds, onion flakes, savory, lovage, powdered pistachios, salt and pepper. Mix and shallow-fry for a minute or two. Add water to form a soft paste.

Discard the foil and place the fish rolls on a plate. Add a pinch of pepper and serve with the pistachio paste. Accompany with e.g. oven-baked garlic potatoes and greens.

View attachment 54195

View attachment 54197

I like the pistachio paste idea. I was about to make something very similar.
I am finding out that I am much more oriented towards pistachios used in savoury dishes rather than in the sweet ones.

Very nice and well-thought-out.

I hadn't heard of lovage until I saw this recipe, so I looked it up. I just found out that it tastes like celery, with hints of parsley and anise. If I can't find it, I have the seeds of all three of these to make a substitute.

Back
Top Bottom