Stir Fry with plain Noodles

I'm not even certain how anyone came to the side dish conclusion because the OP never once mentions side dish, only when to add noodles during cooking (stir frying) and that when rice is used for the same dish instead of noodles, the rice is separate and implied not stir fried, so why can noodles not be stir fried.
Seems pretty clear to me. Your explanation makes absolutely no sense to me either. Oh well.

I read it as simply do you actually have to stir fry the noodles or can they be added afterwards, cooked but not stir fried (same as rice, boiled it streamed but not stir fried).
Yeah, to me he's saying that whenever he sees stir fry's on a menu he always see's the noodles incorporated into an actual stir fry and never offered as a separate plain option, like they do rice when ordering a stir fry that has no starch.

This statement basically says it all. The reference to "it" I'm assuming he means a stir fry. He's also effectively saying that any noodles that are offered are always in a stir fry and never as a separate plain option. When he use the words "incorporated in" I'm again assuming he meant "offered".

I know they commonly serve it with plain white rice but whenever noodles are incorporated in, the noodles are always stir fried.

Adding the noodles afterwards, as you say, wouldn't that constitute a separate order that then could be incorporated at his leisure? It appears so far we'll never actually know.

Your explanation this time sounds very similar to mine some how, anyway, cheers.

Last edited:
Adding the noodles afterwards, as you say, wouldn't that constitute a separate order that then could be incorporated at his leisure?
This is how the restaurant we visit offer them. So the noodles are added to the bottom of the dish (and the noodles can be rice noodles, thin or thick ribbon noodles, yellow noodles wanton noodles or crispy noodles) and the stir fry added to the top. Or the noodles can be stir fried added into the wok just before serving so ending up stir fried as well (the options there are rice, yellow, wanton, ribbon only).

As for constituting a separate order, no they are not. It's just similar to a pasta dish (not served at this restaurant but the best example I can come up with) spaghetti at the bottom, sauce on top.

And I suspect we'll not know sadly.

Personally I can't imagine getting a noodle dish served that way, but obviously they do, just as I can't imagine an Italian restaurant serve the pasta at the bottom and add the sauce on top, but obviously some restaurants do. Anyway like you say we'll never know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom