Local time
9:21 AM
Ingredients:

1- Zucchinis ( around 3 per person)
2- Yogurt (Not sweet)
3- Lamb mince
4- Onions
5- Rice
6- Pine nuts ( optional but make an amazing addition)
7- Salt
8- Black Pepper
9- Garlic powder
10- Cornstarch

Cooking:
1- Empty the zucchinis from the inside leaving only the outside part so it is hollow on the inside, make sure you don't make them too thin. ( There is a special tool for scooping them out and you can find in most places, if you don't find it boil them for a bit after cutting the top part off [ until they are soft] so you can use a small knife or a spoon to do so)

2- Fry the lamb mince with onions and add a bit of garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper.

3- If you choose to add pine nuts, fry them separately for 4-5 minutes then add them to the lamb mince.

4- Stuff the hollow zucchinis with the lamb mince mixture, and make sure that some space is left at the top so the meat doesn't fall out and that it's well pressed into the zucchinis.

5- Boil some yogurt and add a tbsp of corn starch to give it a thicker texture, add some salt to it. Make sure you keep stirring so it does not get lumpy. You can also add a bit of lemon to it to make it more sour. You want to have enough yogurt to dip the zucchinis in and boil them.

6- Fry the zucchinis until they are golden and soft.

7- Dip them into the boiling yogurt and leave them there for a couple of more minutes

8- Prepare the rice meanwhile

9- Put the rice on a plate, then add the zucchinis with yogurt on top of them.

This recipe is delicious and definitely worth the effort!

Last edited:
I reckon that this would work well with soya mince (tvp) as well to make a nice vegan/veggie alternative. But one question, in the UK, zucchini means courgette and they are small.

These would be quite large one, or a very small knife.
courgette_1.jpg

Are you talking about this kind of size or actually much larger ones? I'm guessing this size because you say 3 per person which would make scooping out and stuffing them quite difficult wouldn't it?

Also do you have any guide as to the quantities involved? How much mince lamb would someone be looking at for serving say 4 people?

I reckon that this would work well with soya mince (tvp) as well to make a nice vegan/veggie alternative. But one question, in the UK, zucchini means courgette and they are small.

These would be quite large one, or a very small knife.
View attachment 2177

Are you talking about this kind of size or actually much larger ones? I'm guessing this size because you say 3 per person which would make scooping out and stuffing them quite difficult wouldn't it?

Also do you have any guide as to the quantities involved? How much mince lamb would someone be looking at for serving say 4 people?

I would say 250g of mince is enough it just depends on how big the zucchinis are and how much you stuff them. I'm talking about the smaller ones :)

I use to make stuffed zucchini and I use to use the large ones. I would scoop them out and them fill them with lean ground beef, bread crumbs, spaghetti type sauce, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and then bake in the oven. It was so good.

That sounds quite good. I think it might taste a bit like moussaka which I totally love. I think I will try that recipe soon. I get tired of making the same old things. A stuffed zucchini is one thing I have never made, and would like too. I have made stuffed portabellos though and they were really good. I would make them again in a heartbeat.

Sounds pretty yummy! I've never tried stuffed zucchini - we do make stuffed peppers (capsicum) quite regularly though, with ground beef, couscous, herbs and cheese...and those are delicious. I love Mediterranean type flavors so this sounds up my alley!

Sounds good even if an unlikely dish for me. Zucchini is another one of those expensive things around here. I had my sights set on trying a cake but this right here seems creative enough.

Back
Top Bottom