Taco bell in chch. Yay or nay?

If they have breakfast, the steak crunchwrap is actually pretty good. It essentially that weird fast food steak, along with egg and a fried hash brown, wrapped in a tortilla and griddled. They also have bacon and sausage options, I believe. Add some hot sauce and you have what is probably the best fast food breakfast item around.

The lunch and dinner options all seem to be basically the same ingredients shaped in different forms. The "chalupa" is basically a deep fried pastry filled with crap. Pretty good if your drunk.

I´ll tell you what, though - there´s something about a McD´s 1/4 pounder with cheese that I absolutely love. It´s absurd. It´s ridiculous. It´s totally insane, but I´ll often end up in town, 11.30am, not had breakfast, and my go-to is a quarter pounder. Who can explain it? :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The QPwC is the only burger I'll ever get from McD's. It is the simplicity and reasonable portion size that works for me. Good ratio of meat, cheese and bun.

CD

If they have breakfast, the steak crunchwrap is actually pretty good. It essentially that weird fast food steak, along with egg and a fried hash brown, wrapped in a tortilla and griddled. They also have bacon and sausage options, I believe. Add some hot sauce and you have what is probably the best fast food breakfast item around.

The lunch and dinner options all seem to be basically the same ingredients shaped in different forms. The "chalupa" is basically a deep fried pastry filled with crap. Pretty good if your drunk.

In Texas, we have so many options for Mexican/TexMax food. Some areas more than others.

The only big chain fast food TexMex I like Is Taco Bueno. Food - Taco Bueno

CD

It is possible to make good food from the ingredients used by Taco Bell. But Taco Bell doesn't manage it. My favorite fast tood places are Panera and Arby's. If you want a U.S. fast food company to expand to your country work on these two.

Incidentally, I had a visit to the South Island long ago for a mountaineering trip. I consider the South Island to be one of the most naturally beautiful places on the planet. I never saw the North Island. I took a direct flight from Sydney to Christchurch and back. I had a great time.

It is possible to make good food from the ingredients used by Taco Bell. But Taco Bell doesn't manage it. My favorite fast tood places are Panera and Arby's. If you want a U.S. fast food company to expand to your country work on these two.

Incidentally, I had a visit to the South Island long ago for a mountaineering trip. I consider the South Island to be one of the most naturally beautiful places on the planet. I never saw the North Island. I took a direct flight from Sydney to Christchurch and back. I had a great time.

The drive from Westport to greymouth is stunning. Up with the best in the world. Imho.
Punakaiki is a hot tourist spot.

Btw we call the south island " the mainland "

Russ

The drive from Westport to greymouth is stunning. Up with the best in the world. Imho.
Punakaiki is a hot tourist spot.

Btw we call the south island " the mainland "

Russ
I wasn't a tourist in the normal sense. I had an invitation to climb Mt Cook and Mt Aspiring with a friend and I traveled a long way to do it. it was worth the trip. My time on "the mainland" was almost exclusively outdoors. It is certainly among the prettiest places in the world.

I would argue (mostly from the comments of trusted friends- I can't sample many of the products) Culver's and Chick-Fil-A as the best American fast food.

I would argue (mostly from the comments of trusted friends- I can't sample many of the products) Culver's and Chick-Fil-A as the best American fast food.
Naturally these things are a matter of preference. I have never been to a Chik-Fil-A. I did visit a Culver's once and never went back.

Culver’s is ok, I don’t mind them, a little pricey for fast food, but they have fried cheese curds, so that’s good.

I’ve never in my life understood the near-mania some folks have over Chick-fil-A - dry-as-a-bone chicken sandwich, a slice of dill pickle, and a squeeze tube of mayonnaise, if you want to dress it up a bit. They do have waffle fries, so there’s that, I guess.

If I want a deep-fried breaded chicken sandwich, there’s only one place I’m interested in, and that’s Popeye’s. Everywhere else should just give up. :laugh:

Culver’s is ok, I don’t mind them, a little pricey for fast food, but they have fried cheese curds, so that’s good.

I’ve never in my life understood the near-mania some folks have over Chick-fil-A - dry-as-a-bone chicken sandwich, a slice of dill pickle, and a squeeze tube of mayonnaise, if you want to dress it up a bit. They do have waffle fries, so there’s that, I guess.

If I want a deep-fried breaded chicken sandwich, there’s only one place I’m interested in, and that’s Popeye’s. Everywhere else should just give up. :laugh:
Chick-fil-A is ok, as is Raising Canes. Not worth the $$. Never been to a Culver's. Unfortunately Popeyes here are all in shady parts of town and the restaurants are not very clean. Our Popeyes in Florida were nice. I make a good chicken sandwich at home.

Chick-fil-A is ok, as is Raising Canes. Not worth the $$. Never been to a Culver's. Unfortunately Popeyes here are all in shady parts of town and the restaurants are not very clean. Our Popeyes in Florida were nice. I make a good chicken sandwich at home.
If a person can't make better food than a fast food restaurant. then some cooking classes are in order. I've never been to a Popeye's either. I'm not much of a fan of fast food with Panera being the major exception. Despite being a national chain they make very good food. I go there on purpose. I only go to Arby's when I am out and about alone. It is hard to get sandwiches there that aren't soggy. They have good ingredients and good recipes and bad cooks.

Back
Top Bottom