Thai fruits (previously Purple Mangosteen)

There is something really good which requires unripe mangos... trouble is I've forgotten what it is! Whatever it was I didn't make as I couldn't get unripe mango. This is now going to drive me made until I remember.

Som Tam?

[No, I'm probably thinking of unripe papaya. I'm always getting the two muxed ip. Must be the lack of beer]

Last edited:
There is something really good which requires unripe mangos... trouble is I've forgotten what it is! Whatever it was I didn't make as I couldn't get unripe mango. This is now going to drive me made until I remember.

There's a Vietnamese sauce made for dipping unripe mangos. "Nuoc mam duong" I believe it's called; made from fish sauce, sugar and hot red chillis.

Today my mother-in-law told us that she was intending to buy "mayong chid" trees which given that the fruit is selling at just under 10 quid/kilo appears to be a reasonable investment. I'm sure she is looking for a donation.
in-thai-name-isolated-on-white-background_30478-62.jpg
This thing so pricy, I will eat only when I feel like I need to spoil myself from hard workday, I can say it quite high demand in the premium supermarket.

I am surprised I didn't see this thread before. Lot's of fruits I've never seen or heard of before.

CD

Longan and Lychee are grown here, mostly in the Redland. Longan, to me, has a light olive flavor and Lychee is sweet.

Back
Top Bottom