Thai fruits (previously Purple Mangosteen)

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
3:52 PM
Mangosteen - มังคุด [mang-khud].

mangosteen s.jpg

mangosteen 1 s.jpg

@Yorky

Never had this fruit before. Fascinating to learn about all these Thai fruits.

Today my mother-in-law told us that she was intending to buy "mayong chid" trees which given that the fruit is selling at just under 10 quid/kilo appears to be a reasonable investment. I'm sure she is looking for a donation.
fresh-yellow-marian-plum-fruit-mayongchid-in-thai-name-isolated-on-white-background_30478-62.jpg

Today my mother-in-law told us that she was intending to buy "mayong chid" trees which given that the fruit is selling at just under 10 quid/kilo appears to be a reasonable investment. I'm sure she is looking for a donation.
fresh-yellow-marian-plum-fruit-mayongchid-in-thai-name-isolated-on-white-background_30478-62.jpg

Apparently it is literally translated as 'Manna from Heaven'. And I learned it is a type of plum. It sounds absolutely delicious from the description here:

All things Thai, Literally Translated: Manna from Heaven

Apparently it is literally translated as 'Manna from Heaven'. And I learned it is a type of plum. It sounds absolutely delicious from the description here:

I think it may be a little sweet for me. And a little bloody expensive!

We were given these today. Carissa carandas fruit (มะม่วงหาวมะนาวโห่). I cannot remember eating anything as sour!

Apparently they are used in some Indian pickles although I've not heard of them before.

Carissa carandas s.jpg

I cut a couple in half. They have edible seeds (I guess). The star on one end of the fruit only appears on about half of them. The rest are plain.

Carissa carandas cut s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom