The Cookbook Game #3

Karen, are you playing this round? (I hope, I hope)

Probably not, too tired, sore and worn out from helping Craig put stuff away outside and now we have to put it back out once Dorian goes away, plus there's another TD coming off Africa.

So can you! It's just a matter of sourcing some of the ingredients and having the right equipment.

No special equipment needed for the recipe I am doing. Its more a matter of technique. Basically its a monkfish trail wrapped in chicken mousse and then confit duck.

Probably not, too tired, sore and worn out from helping Craig put stuff away outside and now we have to put it back out once Dorian goes away, plus there's another TD coming off Africa.

I feel for you. I'm so lucky where I live not to have to worry about the weather. Its generally temperate with a few days a year when it gets very cold or very hot.

Karen,

So sorry, maybe the next game will be quieter. I'm pretty stressed out myself. Can't wait for the next day or two to be over. Stay safe.

First snag with the Gordon Ramsay recipe (minor snag) is that I don't have a rectangular metal plating mold for shaping the vegetables which go under the fish. I don't think I really want to buy on specially as I wouldn't use it enough. I'll have to improvise...

The following may be very useful if you are posting a recipe from a cookbook. It saves a LOT of typing! Just take a photo of the recipe text on your smartphone and load it into the free converter. It does the work for you... sometimes a few easily corrected errors with numbers but generally very good. I just converted the (very long) recipe I'm making to text in seconds!

https://www.onlineocr.net

Here is the photo I converted:

20190902_143050.jpg

6 days left - anyone planning on playing the game?

MG, did you make your Ramsay recipe?
MC, how about your Red Lentil soup?
SN, have you picked out a cookbook?

SN, have you picked out a cookbook?
Yes, and I've planned 2 recipes from it (actually 3 but it only makes 2 meals) but I'm having issues sourcing some ingredients.

I think with everything that's going on this week (migrating CookingBites to the new platform and updated software, not to mention me just returning from an intercontinental flight) that I know I personally could do with an extra week. I don't even have electricity today to be able to cook with! (I'm trying to establish if I can use my single ring gas stove for the recipe.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom