The Cookbook Game #3

Yes, and I've planned 2 recipes from it (actually 3 but it only makes 2 meals) but I'm having issues sourcing some ingredients.

I think with everything that's going on this week (migrating CookingBites to the new platform and updated software, not to mention me just returning from an intercontinental flight) that I know I personally could do with an extra week. I don't even have electricity today to be able to cook with! (I'm trying to establish if I can use my single ring gas stove for the recipe.)
Hi, yes, I know you have a lot going on, but I didn't want you to think I forgot all about you. lol Please, just skip this game and get your life in order. We all will understand.

Ok, I been wanting to post for a couple of days. I've had a lot to catch up on between the funeral and then the hurricane. The hurricane side swiped us and the only damage I had debris in the yard. We were very fortunate.

My cookbook is Weelicous from Catherine McCord, Family Meals. I really like her cookbooks. She has 2 with a new one coming out this holiday season. I frequently teach cooking and baking to our homeschool group. I use her books the most because the kids love the food.

This past weekend I baked some treats for my 3 years old church class. I made apple walnut cookies and chocolate velvet beet cupcakes. I also made the beet cream cheese frosting recipe.

The apple walnut cookies are delicious! Not very sweet, just a slight hint to them. I have substituted pecans for walnuts. Not this time though.
20190910_091414.jpg

The chocolate velvet beet cupcakes will convert beet haters. They have a delicious chocolate and beet balance. I love that there is no food dye. The cream cheese frosting has the beet juice.
20190910_091438.jpg

I had no leftovers to bring home. The recipes are available online and in her cookbooks. I will find the links and attach them.

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to the forum. Would you like to join the Cookbook Game?

Hi, yes I would love to have a go, I've got until this Sunday is that right? I should be able to pick a cookbook tonight and get the recipie done Saturday 😊

Jo

Hi, yes I would love to have a go, I've got until this Sunday is that right? I should be able to pick a cookbook tonight and get the recipie done Saturday 😊

Jo

Everything you need to know to play the game should be on the first post, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

ps love your name, I'm Joan

This is cookbook #5 by Jamie Oliver, it's called 'Jamie's Comfort Food' first published in 2014.

I haven't cooked anything out of this one.
It'll take me forever to choose what to cook :o_o:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 236
Back
Top Bottom