The Cookbook Game #6

Where do you girls get these cookbooks with good looking guys on the cover? :woot:
Curiously it came to my bil free whilst we were staying at the most awful hotel in Blackpool (classic old age care residence where food could be eaten without teeth amongst other things).

He found it on a bookshelf in the foyer where people sat to watch people walk along Blackpool promenade (once you looked passed the double row of parked cars ). The front was one massive window for residents to sit, single file, watching the world walk passed.
Anyhow, he commented to the owners that that and another book were the last thing he expected to be found at the hotel especially given that the recipes were vegan and it was about running an animal rescue santuary. The place was very definitely meat and two veg with gravy. The owner told him to take the two books because she had never seen anyone take any interest in them. He'd already copied down 1 or 2 recipes.
In came myself and I start looking at them, photographing recipe after recipe. In the end I photographed the front cover so I could track down a copy, and my bil commented on the number I was photographing. I mentioned to him that it had some great vegan soups in it, then realised it was actually a vegan cookbook around the theme of a farm animal sanctuary so he said I could have it.

He and his partner used to be raw foodies (and it's because of him I have a dehydrator, so I could make his recipes). He started down the raw food diet after we emptied our pantry giving it all to him when we went off to cycle around the world. At a loss as to what to do with a lot of the stuff we gave him, he had to research how to use it all and actually found his type 1 diabetes was much better managed on a diet of what we had given him than before (to the point of barely needing insulin at all)... he went over to a completely raw food diet for a long time, but since meeting his partner has started to cook again (They went out to India for a while).

Hence a free cookbook to bring back to Australia.

It's that time again to ask for a suggestion. Does anyone have a cookbook number or letter of a last name they would like us to use for the next game? Maybe suggest a country (or such) that is in the title of a cookbook?

For an update on what we have used so far:

Cookbook #'s - 14, 33, 5, 24, 17, 68
Letter/last name: J, R, H, B, S

These weren't suggested, but used already by some of our players. (in case you want to use some place different)
Italy, Spain, Asian, China, Indian, British, Greek.

I also would like to take this opportunity to say to any of our new members, please come and join us. Would love the company. :love:

Last edited:
First come, first served ---- A it is, thanks again SatNav.

OK, how about we take a suggestion also for the number and the country or such?

Last edited:
Bought my recipe ingredients this morning. Actually, I only needed a couple of things.

There was a second recipe for braised artichokes I really wanted to try first off the bat - but nary an artichoke to be seen anywhere. It is something I do want to make now that I've discovered it, especially as the only way I've had whole fresh artichokes prior to this was via a boiled/simmered type of treatment. And while that's great, too - I was really looking forward to that one. But okay, I have the runner-up recipe ready to go. It will be cooked tomorrow, and hopefully, posted about then (as I am not at home at all on Sunday, and I don't want to be Johnny-Come-Lately again this turn around).

It's that time again to ask for a suggestion. Does anyone have a cookbook number or letter of a last name they would like us to use for the next game? Maybe suggest a country (or such) that is in the title of a cookbook?

For an update on what we have used so far:

Cookbook #'s - 14, 33, 5, 24, 17, 68
Letter/last name: J, R, H, B, S

These weren't suggested, but used already by some of our players. (in case you want to use some place different)
Italy, Spain, Asian, China, Indian, British, Greek.

I also would like to take this opportunity to say to any of our new members, please come and join us. Would love the company. :love:
For MG

Still do not understand. Sorry if I am being dumb. Does the country have to be in the title of the book?
"Maybe suggest a country (or such) that is in the title of a cookbook?"

Maybe I am being the dumb one. Does not the above answer your question?

OK Mexico/Mexican it is. Thanks MG

So far, the next game (#7) we will use the letter A (author/last name) cookbook and/or any cookbook you might have with Mexican/Mexico in the title. If no one has a suggestion for what number cookbook for us to use, I will pick a number Wed. ok?

Back
Top Bottom