The CookingBites Cookalong: Boeuf Bourguignon or Mushroom Bourguignon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the fact you are brave enough to post and explain the problems. Plus - you really have analysed what went wrong. I get things wrong all the time. That is how I learn how to get things right!
@ElizabethB: I'm also impressed that you took the time to report on your experiences. This will help me, since I am also attempting this dish. But, the one lesson I don't think is possible for me to really learn is the K.I.S.S. principle: my Bourguignon is going to be really tricky because of the way I'm preparing it (you'll see what I mean when I post it...with photos, which I've already taken for the early prep work). But, the principle is certainly worth keeping in mind when it comes to seasoning and so on. I will certainly heed your warning for that, but the (probably) overly fancy prep work is already underway.

@ElizabethB: I'm also impressed that you took the time to report on your experiences. This will help me, since I am also attempting this dish. But, the one lesson I don't think is possible for me to really learn is the K.I.S.S. principle: my Bourguignon is going to be really tricky because of the way I'm preparing it (you'll see what I mean when I post it...with photos, which I've already taken for the early prep work). But, the principle is certainly worth keeping in mind when it comes to seasoning and so on. I will certainly heed your warning for that, but the (probably) overly fancy prep work is already underway.

Can't wait to see what you do! :D

IMG_0937.JPG

Sous Vide Beef Brisket Bourguignon on Farro.

Last edited:
A big thank you to all who participated. I've really enjoyed this Cookalong on a personal level. One of the Bourguignons I cooked, Mushroom and Chestnut Bourguignon, I also posted on a vegan FB forum Vegan Food UK. It got literally hundreds of likes! Since then at least three members of that forum have cooked and photographed the recipe. So in a sense, the Cookalong has spread beyond CookingBites! Here is one such from Kelly Bramill - her photo is brilliant! Her comment was (please note I'm Claire Hemmins on FB):
I wish I could tag you Claire Hemmins, this recipe is incredible!!! Mushroom and chestnut bourguignon. Honestly guys, get on it. I’ll be serving it with a nice pile of creamy mashed potatoes tonight

Here is Kelly's photo:

22154366_10210523482907391_2446648933413505308_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom